Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 03-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #1
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior
Default funnel web

looking trough some more of ma pictures and found this that some maybe interested in. when i was on holiday in the south of france last year i took this picture of a french funnel web spider....the picture is lacking a spider . call me weird if u like but i ani't one of these people that go on holiday and lye in the sun allday. i hate to rest.....either i go out at night to a club or soemthing or i go out with a torch in search for snakes, and the same in the day.

as u can see it is a pretty big web, i was not stupud enough to poke the spider with a stick (never had a stick to hand) so i used ma finger just to try get him come out for a pic but he was far to cleave rto fall for that

hope u like.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:55 PM   #2
*laura*

omg that is huge.... i would run a mile if i came across that! im petrified of spiders so the further away they are from me the better, lol!
Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
Toni115
Adult

I'm with laura, I'm afraid I would have disappeared very very quickly
Good picture though
Old 04-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
linda
Adult

an excellent picture
linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

thanks, quite alot of these spiders over there...brillany wildlife tho. only just found aload of these pictures but will post a few more of things i saw. there is a few from erlier this year.

this area is owned by my aunty, she brought it about 20 years ago and had it all rebuilt and it cost almost nothing, cheaper to have brought the whole area then it is to by a 3 bedroom house now. it's kinda a holiday home where any one that knows my anuty can stay if they go france for a holiday.

this is just a roundabout but thought it looked nice.

me and ma mates were setting off to play footie on a field when we heard loads of bangs and then wangons and bikes came speeding past.....scared the crap out of us...then relised we were in the middle of the roadas the tour de france was on. (as u can see crowds in there thousands(not))
Old 04-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
Toni115
Adult

great pictures Christian Now............how do I get in touch with your auntie

It looks like a great place, does she live there all the time or is it a holiday home for her?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #7
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

it's just a holiday home......it is a nice place and in toatal to get there it take about 8 hours by going on the train. nice place if u like ur snakes,lizards, frogs and big spiders. the cottage is 45 miles away from any cizilization in every direction. which is abit creepy. also the hosue is nice but was built on a small grave yard. but apart from that it's nice, has the internet and everything
Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 PM   #8
*laura*

WOW, what fab pictues.... especially loving the second picture down, its stunning!
Old 05-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #9
carriemags
Hatched

Gorgeous selection of photos Shame I don't know your aunty - she's developed a lovely holiday set up

Carrie
carriemags is offline   Reply With Quote