Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 17-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenq View Post
That's terrible Lynne. Could Bonnie not have the leg off, or is her arthritis too bad for that? She is such a young dog to be going through this.

I know exactly what you mean about the police! My son turned 18 a few months ago, he went to the local pub two streets away with two of his friends for his first pint. At 1.00 am I got a call from the hospital telling me he had been stabbed. Him and his friends were walking home at about 11.00 pm after 3 pints each and two boys walking in the opposite direction had knives, my son and his friends ran and my son fell. The two animals repeatedly stabbed him while he was on the ground, it only lasted a few seconds as the animals ran away when his friends ran back to him. He has a 7" stab wound on his head, 5 stab wounds on one leg, 2 on the other and one on his backside which went right through the muscle. The police accused him of being in a gang fight!!! It beggars belief!! I think it's an easy option for them. He is a quiet boy and doesn't go out much never been in trouble for anything and I'm sure the police are aware of this. He hasn't gone out much since the attack and if he does I need to drop him off and pick him up. He has only started going to the gym again, something he did regularly before the attack. The world is a sad place for young people, it makes me sad.

hope your son gets over his ordeal and keep us informed about Bonnie.

Gwen

That is soooo awful, your poor son. He's lucky to be alive! Terrible, terrible times now with gangs carrying knives and guns. Hope he's ok and gets over his ordeal. Only 18 and probably scared to go out now.
Old 17-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #22
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna m View Post
Ligaments are horrid things to heal and would take longer than 2 weeks. Good luck with this. Surely the attack your son had should be mentioned to the police? They need to be made to take notice.

Thanks

Bonnie already has a false ligament in that leg so if it's come off or broken then it won't heal and a 2nd operation usually not successful. xx
Old 17-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelled Lady View Post
So sorry to hear of your troubles Lynn. could Bonnie have the leg off, or isn't that an option?
Having her leg off couldn't be an option as she has arthritis in the other leg aswell and also her other leg is weak as she has already had a ligament replacement in that leg too. When she was 4 months old

Both her legs have ligament replacements and arthritis. So are quite weak anyway and she taked tablets for it.
Old 17-01-2012, 07:08 PM   #24
terig
Hatched

Lynne, thats awful about your son. Last time we visited my mum in welling, we were driving back through bexleyheath and witnessed a mugging of a young lad. My husband pulled over (hes built like a brick ****house) he got out and the two fellas run off. We put the lad in our car and drove round to find the muggers as they had run off with his phone. We couldnt find them but we dropped the poor kid as his parents. He was in a right state.His parents were so grateful that we even stopped.

We have since moved from Bexleyheath, but I have also taught my kids Thai boxing which I did for years.

My husband really wants to move to Australia as he is in demand as he has an unusual trade. We have our visa but I really dont know what to do. Having said that, where we live know is trouble free as its in the countryside. The biggest problem we have is tractor rage.

Also not good news about your dog. Pets and kids are always a worry xx
terig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #25
terig
Hatched

p.s. I know I probably shouldnt say this but I have a very large piece of wood in my car if you know what I mean. Get your son some, you never know when he might need to do some DIY lol xx
Old 17-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #26
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by terig View Post
p.s. I know I probably shouldnt say this but I have a very large piece of wood in my car if you know what I mean. Get your son some, you never know when he might need to do some DIY lol xx
He has got a heavy chain in the car that did help him a bit. He kept swinging it around so they couldn't get to him easily, thats why I think they decided to go around to the passenger side and drag the g.friend out.

Where in Welling did you live? x
Old 17-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
terig
Hatched

Mum and dad still live there it is Blenheim Drive, but I lived in Saltash Road Welling, we moved out 6 years ago for the kids sake.

I miss home but I couldnt go back and live there as I like the countryside too much.

Bexleyheath was my haunt in my 20s many years ago lol. Got loads of mates who still live up there so I do visit quite a lot. x
Old 17-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #28
Easter Bunny
Adult

I moved to this area when I was 17. My old haunts was The old kent Road and Bermondsey area. I went to school in Peckham so when we moved here it was like the country, lol
Old 18-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #29
terig
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNNEEASTER View Post
I moved to this area when I was 17. My old haunts was The old kent Road and Bermondsey area. I went to school in Peckham so when we moved here it was like the country, lol
Same as my husband his parents moved out of The Borough right by St. Thomas Hospital to Bexleyheath as it was the country then. He used to drink up the Old Kent Road it was his haunt. I forgot my brother lives in the Pantiles Bexleyheath. And my sister in law lives in Welling.

Like the calmer pace here, but do miss my mates. Villiage people down here are very strange
Old 18-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #30
Easter Bunny
Adult

I used to live at the Borough. Southark street, peabody buildings. I had my youngest son in Guys hospital.

I live very, very near to the pantiles too xx