Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
Easter Bunny
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
Yes I am completely aware of that, obviously I was upset when I realised it might not be sold because I reported it but what a way to turn on me and call me a do gooder.
Don't be upset Sophie, You done what you thought was the right thing at the time. My first reaction was to report but I held back and thought about it first though (makes a change for me, lol ) Your motives were because you care, don't worry

I have got a feeling this tort will be in good hands soon
Old 15-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #32
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
Yes I am completely aware of that, obviously I was upset when I realised it might not be sold because I reported it but what a way to turn on me and call me a do gooder.
Don't beat yourself up Sophie. A do gooder isn't something to be ashamed of, you should be proud of yourself for wanting to do what you thought was right. Ignore those that criticise and focus on the good in you.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 15-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #33
Neddy
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box girl View Post
Exactly I get rather fed up of dogooders we all have made mistakes and that is how we learn. One just has to hope this tort will be OK.
BOXGIRL - Do your replies have to be so unsavoury!, I just removed you from my ignore list to see what you wrote and surprise surprise it's another comment that made me add you to my ignore list in the first place!

Sophie you did what you thought was right sweetheart, you did nicer then what I wanted to do put it that way xxx
Old 15-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #34
burnt toast
Adult

Kay well done, I hope you get her.

I dont really want her but would offer her a home if you dont have her. did you find out what sort she is? (I would have said spur?)
Old 15-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #35
Box girl
Sub Adult

I was actually replying to pussygalore but then you won't read this so do I care NO I believe in education not reporting. That is how we all learn maybe you ought to block Pussygalore as well but oops sorry forgot you won't read this!
By the way Neddy I have not been the only one to say that reporting was not the best method so why have a go at me I don't even know who you are not sure I have ever commented on your posts so why all the hostility?
Well done to the person who is picking up this tort I am glad the curreent owner was still able to contact you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
BOXGIRL - Do your replies have to be so unsavoury!, I just removed you from my ignore list to see what you wrote and surprise surprise it's another comment that made me add you to my ignore list in the first place!

Sophie you did what you thought was right sweetheart, you did nicer then what I wanted to do put it that way xxx

Money raised to Allwetter Zoo Muenster e6000 sent so far.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
european pond turtle, reeves and spurs

Last edited by Box girl; 15-01-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 15-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #36
Neddy
Sub Adult

Grow up boxgirl your the one who called a person a dogooder because they thought with there heart and reacted! And I am the unpleasant one......

Everyone else managed to support and comforted Sophie after you upset her, when really the only person who should apologise is you.

I have not been unpleasant to you at all, adding you to my block list prevented this. Saying your reply was unsavoury was factual as you did cause offense.

And don't PM me I will simply copy them for people see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box girl
Are you always thiso unpleasant to people? Read the posts again I was not the only one to have that view. You and I have never commented on each other's posts so do not understand the hostility?
The owner of that tortoise deserves to be prosecuted for buying their child a tortoise as a toy......... you can lead a horse to water..........and you say educating is the way what happens when the damage has been done.
Old 16-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
Box girl
Sub Adult

WHOOOOO temper temper you are showing just how immature you are PM are just that PRIVATE!
To get to the facts.
A tort is offered for sale that is not correctly cared for.
What do we want to happen the tort to be sold/ rehomed and better care given.
However much we know we do not have the right to take that tort from someone.
Proving harm is difficult.
Good on the OP to highlight the issue.
Reporting the tort will as shown lead to the advert being withdrawn will this help the tort no.
Thankfully it looks like someone will be rehoming this tort I admire and congratulate this person.
I have seen too many ill cared for torts in my time during our health checks but I, with others only ever ADVISE it is not our place to demand or take torts from people. A little thought goes a long way but people are too quick to jump in feet first before taking time to assess the situation. (In case anyone else gets upset like all my posts in this thread I am not directing this at anyone but talking in general)
I hope this puts it to bed, thank you.

Have bred-red foots, yellow foots, eastern box, 3 toed box, ornate box, gulf coast box, common musk, elongated tortoise, red eared terrapin, cuora flavomarginata, cuora amboinensis, hermanns tortoise, horsfield tortoise, rhinoclemys.p. manni,
Old 16-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #38
pagan queen
Adult

Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy View Post
Grow up boxgirl your the one who called a person a dogooder because they thought with there heart and reacted! And I am the unpleasant one......

Everyone else managed to support and comforted Sophie after you upset her, when really the only person who should apologise is you.

I have not been unpleasant to you at all, adding you to my block list prevented this. Saying your reply was unsavoury was factual as you did cause offense.

And don't PM me I will simply copy them for people see.

The owner of that tortoise deserves to be prosecuted for buying their child a tortoise as a toy......... you can lead a horse to water..........and you say educating is the way what happens when the damage has been done.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 16-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
Herpard
Adult

Omg you're all a bunch of keyboard warriors

And please keep us updated on the tort
Old 16-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #40
Box girl
Sub Adult

I like this and yes please I hope the tort which is all that matters is soon OK AND I'll say again well done to the person who hopefully will be taking this tort on.
To Watermelon if you are going to PM me it is polite to not swear at me. I will not post it as it is too abusive. What is disappointing is that I do not know you nor you me I make a point don't name anyone but I get much 'verbal abuse' from you reminds me of some of the students I have the pleasure of teaching. I would take a step back and think clearly about what you write and how you are showing yourself up.
I am sure that in person you are quite pleasant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpard View Post
Omg you're all a bunch of keyboard warriors

And please keep us updated on the tort

Closed Thread