Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 27-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
fedupdarlonana
Egg

Default thanks and egg update

thanks to all who gave me advice the other day about what to do with the 3 eggs iv now got them in a 2 foot fish tank turned on its side with plastic over the front a bowl of water a red spot bulb the temp holding at 30ish got lots of condensation runing down the plastic though is that ok ? i was wiping it of the top so it wouldnt drip on the eggs but now i got a lid at an angle so if any water drips it will just run of do this all sound as if i doing it ok
fedupdarlonana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Everything sounds okay . With the condensation happening you might want to try a smaller water container or one with a smaller mouth. It will also be high if you have the water bowl under the light. Moving the bowl if it's under the light would help. Is the temperature 30ish where the eggs are?
The lid on the eggs is a great idea as it will keep the water from dripping on them. Just make sure one side is high enough to get good air circulation for the eggs.
A picture of your incubator would be great

Dan
Old 27-12-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
fedupdarlonana
Egg

hi dan
iv put a smaller water contaner in yes the bowl was under the light yes the temp is 30ish (not 29 and not 31 ) thats about as much i can see and thats wiv me glasses on and the thermomiter is in the carton wiv the eggs and i just took some photos wiv me camera and trying to put them on pc to send they dont look that clever cos of the red bulb and its in a corner out the way soon as i manage to get them on to the pc ya can see wat ya think
thanks hazel
Old 27-12-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
fedupdarlonana
Egg

iv just sent ya 3 photos to have a look at one of the kids will have a go they can do things better than me