Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 17-02-2019, 08:56 AM   #161
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
back in the eighties did you think 2019 seemed soooo far in the future? discuss.
Absolutely, I can’t believe I’m so old now !

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #162
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
Absolutely, I can’t believe I’m so old now !
Not bus pass mature though Suze surely!

Emma hope hubby is recovering - how horrid for everyone. Its already been a year of coughs, colds, injuries and ops in wider friends and colleagues. im hoping I had all mine early so I can enjoy the year. Isn't it funny how you get older you do start talking ailments,

Do you think we will get a new generation on here or just fizzle out with SW Crew. we will be like very very very old tortoises over the years slowing down but still young at heart ......CB
Old 23-02-2019, 04:27 PM   #163
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Not bus pass mature though Suze surely!

Emma hope hubby is recovering - how horrid for everyone. Its already been a year of coughs, colds, injuries and ops in wider friends and colleagues. im hoping I had all mine early so I can enjoy the year. Isn't it funny how you get older you do start talking ailments,

Do you think we will get a new generation on here or just fizzle out with SW Crew. we will be like very very very old tortoises over the years slowing down but still young at heart ......CB
It'll just be us talking about rheumatism and how our torts are more agile than we are!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 04:35 PM   #164
Gordon
Adult

I will of died before I get an operation off to see another surging at the end of march which is good but I suppose I will then have to wait god knows how long till they slice me open.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 04:39 PM   #165
Gordon
Adult

Well what a wonderful day the browns have all been out for a wander the leopards too and all the ones I have just got up are basking in the greenhouse.
But with that said I have ordered some 200w ceramics as I'm sure it will go cold again.
Even the few hatchling I have saw their first bit of sunshine.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2019, 05:22 PM   #166
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Well what a wonderful day the browns have all been out for a wander the leopards too and all the ones I have just got up are basking in the greenhouse.
But with that said I have ordered some 200w ceramics as I'm sure it will go cold again.
Aww, lovely.
It’s been pretty dull here, so decided to give the fluffy pooch a pamper - full on spa treatment this morning: nails clipped, ears cleaned, shampoo and conditioned coat and finally clip and shaped. He looks and smells soft and gorgeous. His hair grows so quickly and we tend to do it every two months but he’s gone an extra few weeks with hubby being poorly. Amazing how much extra hair. I looked like a yeti when I stood up!

Saw the first blossom of the year on a pretty tree when we went for walkies though. Spring is on its way...well, unless You’ve jinxed it by buying the ceramics, Gordon!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 24-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #167
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
A few of mine have started waking up earlier than usual, I put two out in the sun yesterday, and tree out today, it’s soooooo warm in the sun.

I bet that all made you feel a bit better Gordon.

Old 26-02-2019, 08:45 PM   #168
CherryBrandy
Adult

all crocuses are gone - daffodils are out ! I am loving this sunny blue sky weather - last time it was hot in March we had a dreadful rainy summer....whats the betting? not that I bet or even like ray Winston on those adverts - should be banned. Hope its a scorcher like last year !!

Gordon I hope the cut and slice , gin and tonic is soon for you and bearing up ! CB
Old 26-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #169
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
all crocuses are gone - daffodils are out ! I am loving this sunny blue sky weather - last time it was hot in March we had a dreadful rainy summer....whats the betting? not that I bet or even like ray Winston on those adverts - should be banned. Hope its a scorcher like last year !!

Gordon I hope the cut and slice , gin and tonic is soon for you and bearing up ! CB
Back to rain again as March comes in I believe. In like a lion out like a lamb perhaps? Glad we’re not having another Beast from the East.
Have you read Ray Winstone’s autobiography? He justifies those adverts in it.
Hope we have a good summer but not as scorching as last year. I prefer my grass green to yellow! And pavements that aren’t too hot to walk my doggies.

Old 27-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #170
Suze65
Adult

This weather is just not normal, and I’m sure March will come with a bite .