Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 21-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
blackcat38
Egg

Default adult red setup ideas

I’ll soon be finishing uni and moving back in with my mum until me and the other half have saved for our own house (can’t wait!) But I’m guessing were going to be at my mums for a few years. I’m thinking of building a new table for my reds, something bigger for them to grow into while we’re at my mums, so I’m looking for some ideas. At the moment they are in an L shaped table measuring 6 x 5.6 foot and then the width of each L part is 2.6 foot if that makes sense.

I was thinking of a massive table but covering the top with Perspex so it’s a sort of viv (with adequate ventilation) so it would be more economical with the heating and so it would hold in the humidity more. And I was thinking of making some sort of sprinkler system to come from the lid to mimic the rain.

How do you lot house your adult reds? Are they in massive tables, have rooms, sheds, sort of viv type setup? What sort of sizes do you have for how many torts? And how do you heat such large enclosures? If anyone has pics they could post that would be fantastic

At the mo mine are only little (biggest 16cm) but would like something for them to grow into

Last edited by blackcat38; 21-05-2009 at 10:18 AM.
blackcat38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
joanna
Adult

Mine aren't fully grown yet, at the mo I have 2 wardrobes fully lined on their backs with holes cut out of both so they can walk through from one to the other. I have another slightly smaller wardrobe that I will be adding on soon. I do cover sections of mine around the heat sources to help with humidity and temps. I have a couple of basking lamps and also tubular heaters fitting out of reach.

There will be a time when I will have to consider a shed and greenhouse set up, but not looking forward to the winter elec bills that will come with it!
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
blackcat38
Egg

How many torts do you have?
Old 21-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
joanna
Adult

I have 5 redfoots, 3 larger ones kept together ranging from 16cm - 25cm and then 2 which are just over a year old.
joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #5
blackcat38
Egg

Thanks for that

How do other people house their adult reds?