Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
midi-mania
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to midi-mania
Exclamation 7 year old boy let off for feeding LIVE food to crocodile

A 7-year-old boy has broken into a popular Outback zoo and fed a string of animals to the resident crocodile.
The boy jumped a security fence at the Alice Springs Reptile Centre in central Australia early on Wednesday, then went on a 30-minute killing spree using a rock to slay three lizards.
He then fed the lizards to "Terry," an 11-foot (3.3 metre), 440-pound (200 kilogram) sallt-water crocodile, said zoo director Rex Neindorf.
The reptile centre's handler Justin Rutherford said that he was "totally shocked."
The boy, whose deadly acts were caught on the zoo's security camera, also threw several live animals to Terry over the two fences surrounding the crocodile's enclosure, at one point climbing over the outer fence to get closer to the giant reptile.
In the footage, the boy's face remains largely blank, Neindorf said.
He killed 13 animals worth around £3,000 including a turtle, bearded dragons and thorny devil lizards, Mr Neindorf said.
Although none were rare, some would be difficult to replace, he said.
Alice Springs police said they identified the boy, who lives locally, but were unable to press charges because of his age.

what is the world coming to?

Last edited by midi-mania; 04-10-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: the forum thought sal****er was a naughty word
midi-mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
70ridgeway
Adult

i think its awful and a child of that age isnt even accountable for his actions and were was his parents why was he by his self so many questions,The fact a seven-year-old can wreak so much havoc in such a short time, it's unbelievable,"think the most worrying thing about it, is what the future holds for this individual. They say serial killers tend to start with animals.
70ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
midi-mania
Sub Adult

atleast its not in our country...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
Zoomer
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by midi-mania View Post
atleast its not in our country...
The slaughter of animals by mindless youths happens here too sadly.
Zoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

I'm tempted to say this kid must be emotionally disturbed, I know we do cruel things to each other and to animals but this is on another scale altogether. He smashed the turtle deliberately on a concrete path and his lack of any kind of emotion about the slaughter suggests something deeply wrong. Its not just being naughtly is it?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
midi-mania
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
I'm tempted to say this kid must be emotionally disturbed, I know we do cruel things to each other and to animals but this is on another scale altogether. He smashed the turtle deliberately on a concrete path and his lack of any kind of emotion about the slaughter suggests something deeply wrong. Its not just being naughtly is it?
were did you read that?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #7
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Independent newspaper
Old 04-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #8
n236kfl
Incubating

Send a message via MSN to n236kfl
Angry

i mean this was a 7yo what was he doing out that late to break in to a zoo, i assume it was late, what was his parents up to, none of my children leave the cul de sac that we live in i know at all times what they are doing. i do agree you would have to find some sort of morbid pleasure in doing this as most serial killers are aware that what they are doing is wrong but find it fasinating or get some sort of sexual gratification from it, but most are disgusted with themselves after the act has been commited but need to continue to commit more acts, i also agree that it starts with small animals and when the thrill of a small animal is not enough it moves up a step, obviously the police really need to look at whats going on behind closed doors i dont think anyone who is can do this sort of act should be immune from prosecution, i mean if he or she can calculate a plan to Illegally enter an establishment without being caught and commit this sort of cruelty over a sustained period of time, then he was aware it was wrong otherwise vistors would be encouraged to bring live food to the zoo during the daylight hours,the child is one switched off cookie, he can expect very few party invites in the future
Horsefields :Rosy, Jim
Sulcata :Mable
Yeman Chameleon :Olly
Bearded Dragons :Harry, Sally (+ lots of babies)
Water Dragon :Emerald
Green Tree Skink
web site www.reptileplanet.co.uk (internet explorer)
n236kfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #9
Beverley
Adult

I think this kid has big emotional problems and needs help, what he did was terrible, no normal kid for want of a better word would even comprehend doing something like that. He really needs professional help now or goodness knows what he would do in the future
Old 05-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
Pussygalore
Adult

according to the report in the Mail the boys mother watched and did nothing, I think parents should be held responsible and face charges or even imprisonment for their childrens offenses under the age the child can be charged, it didn't say anything about it being at night so I assumed the zoo was open or else the mother climbed in as well?
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote