Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #21
graysea
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
You can get various degrees of autisim i used to work in a special needs school and did alot of research into autism when i did my degree.

I used to work on to one with a very violent autisic child she was a big girl and used to kick and punch me all the time. She has some fish at home and her mother told me that she killed them my squashing them in her hands. Now this child was not stupid she knew what she was doing but once they have something in their heads they need to carry it out.
I agree Sarah, my husband works one on one with a violent Autistic young lad and he can't stop himself.

I'm not saying he was Autistic, but either way I don't think that the child should be prosecuted, he does however clearly need help and educating. I would prosecute the parents and remove the child from their care. No 7 year old should ever be left unsupervised long enough to do that, in my opinion that is neglet.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #22
Dandelion
Hatched

Quote:
Its awful. Does anyone know what state of mind this child was in? He might be an autistic. Where were his parents?
Sarah, I don't think this is autism, mental problem or any abnormality. His just. Human.

It's disgusting, I know. And to think he did all that with a smile on his face...

Quote:
I used to work on to one with a very violent autisic child she was a big girl and used to kick and punch me all the time. She has some fish at home and her mother told me that she killed them my squashing them in her hands. Now this child was not stupid she knew what she was doing but once they have something in their heads they need to carry it out.
I'm so sorry you had to work with such a thing...!
Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote