Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #51
Pussygalore
Adult

I'm not racist either and your family came here by the legal ways, have intergrated and made britain their home thus giving back something to the country, the local shop is run by a family of asians and they are very nice and run the shop probably better than some of us its their family business and will stay that way unfortunately a lot of our younger generation no longer want to carry on family businesses which is a real shame, I think a lot of foreign countries have family values that we should envy, but they aren't the hoards that are comming over now, I know of a firm that has been prosecuted for paying for the shipment of people to work for them and issueing them with false NI numbers if thats not doing our people out of work I don't know what is, so many who come here don't even attempt to try to learn our ways but set themselves in groups of their own if I emigrated anywhere I would like to think that I would make every effort to live as my new country residents do I would love to move to New Zealand but their rules prevent that and just because I want to doesn't make me able to, we don't always get what we want, I'm not religious and don't beleive we were set above everything else the only difference is that we communicate if animals could talk then maybe we wouldn't assume we have the right of life over them, we couldn't talk when we first came on this world so started out exactley the same as them in fact we could easily have been wiped out all together by those hunting us.
Old 31-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #52
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

daisy i complety agree with you. also astrsila has been mentioned.....this is a complete contradiction as it was english men that were sent over the in the first place so relistical they shud eb sent back and therefore even without the imagrants we still wud have a hell of alot more people living here.

if we are are goign to go back through history then we are really Anglo-Saxons which came from germany.

"Present day Britons are descended mainly from the varied ethnic stocks that settled there before the eleventh century. The pre-Celtic, Celtic, Roman, Anglo-Saxon, and Norse influences were blended in Great Britain under the Normans, Scandinavian Vikings who had lived in northern France (Normandy)."

if i remember corectly then it is the scots that are the real britains.

also i don't want anymore people neterng the country , i am not sating let them in as we don't have the room but i don't think it is right the blame others for msitakes of us.

also the briotsh empire used to own 3/4 of the world, we invaded them and such so i think they just wanna do the same

but of course thats bad if they try to do excalty what we did, but not the otherway around i see.

at the end of the day the grey squriell is a animal and needs to have a palc ein the ecoysytem with out abusing it , the only way to do this is to limit the numbers.
Old 31-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #53
EJ
Adult

check it out... i didn't even start this one.

The point... some questions are ambiguous and don't really have a right answer... it all depends.

If the rodent poses a threat to you, property or animals in your care... the bugger needs to be dispatched.

If the rodent is no bother... live and let live.
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 31-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #54
Pussygalore
Adult

for once I actually agree
Old 31-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #55
DAISY
Adult

Sorry Pussygalore, didnt mean to imply you where racist. my bad wording.
What I meant was that not everyone can be tar with the same brush. And even though I am not racist, if everyone and everything had stuck where they belong, we wouldnt have half the probs we have now. (just different problems.) But we must deal with whatever problems we have now no matter who is to blame for animals/people being here. Its how to deal with them that causes debate.
My dream is also to move to New Zealand, Canada coming a close second, but hubby is too British to move

Rach

Mum to 12 horsfields, 2 redfoots, 2 spur-thighed, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 3 chipmunks, 3 african pygmy hedgehogs, 4 bearded dragons, 1 goldfish. 2 daughters and 1 husband.
Old 31-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #56
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

correct me if i am worng here but this post has been people saying don't cull squirells and people saying cull squirells............squirells will only be culled if they pose a problem like daisy said....and they are posing a porblem to the other wildlife and so they need to be culled, otherwise they wud be fine, so if u agree with what we are saying then the is no point in disscussing this further
Old 31-10-2007, 03:20 PM   #57
Dazza
Adult

This is better than eastenders, i only asked if anyone had any problems with squirrels - take a chill pill everyone !!!

This is supposed to be a forum for open discussion on tortoise husbandry - please if you want a full on debate about the state of the country take off forum - i come here to get away from all that crap !!!

Ed have you been giving lessons via PM

Calm down everyone hey

Dazza 8)
Old 31-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #58
EJ
Adult

That's my other point...

I mearly submit an opinion or an answer to a question. I don't argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza

This is better than eastenders, i only asked if anyone had any problems with squirrels - take a chill pill everyone !!!

This is supposed to be a forum for open discussion on tortoise husbandry - please if you want a full on debate about the state of the country take off forum - i come here to get away from all that crap !!!

Ed have you been giving lessons via PM

Calm down everyone hey

Dazza 8)
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Closed Thread