Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #21
EJ
Adult

I drink... what's your excuse.

wow... entertaining... thank you.

I'm curious where the 'short man' reference comes into play?

You're a nutter in every sense of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onarock View Post
LOL OK..easy there little feller. Dont try to play the victim. You know what you were doing when you wrote what you wrote. Your condescending tone in your writing says it all. You wanted to know where I came from... well this is where Im coming from... Grow a Pair and quit whining or have another drink.. I dont give a F... I always considered most of our exchange friendly, but Im sick of you reading what I wrote "half cocked" and then messing the whole thing up. This isnt the first time nor the second. I just figured, this is how you communicate with the great Ed Pirog.. who.. by the way.. has killed more tortoises than a Chinese soup kitchen. Im over it... you and your short man syndrome. I dont care what you think about me. Im not interested in being on your NAME Dropping list of constituents... tortoise "Peers" as another egotistical tortoise keeper whom you know would put it.

What I am not spewing is the lack of heat or hydration. To put it simply. The higher the basking spot the need for higher humidity. The lower the basking temp.. the lower the humidity. Moderation.. and common sense is all.

Now if you will excuse me.. I am going to build a pool to help facilitate my new tortoise husbandry parameters. 120+ basking and 100% humidity
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
Old 14-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #22
onarock
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
I drink... what's your excuse.

wow... entertaining... thank you.

I'm curious where the 'short man' reference comes into play?

You're a nutter in every sense of the word.
Do you want the last word Ed? Just ask and I'll give it to you. But, you do have to ask.

ding, ding, ding...
Old 14-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #23
EJ
Adult

I'll ask... can I have the last word?... just to show who is in control.

I actually wondered how I got into this exchange... It was an easy answer... responding to an arrogant keeper who thinks his word is gospel regardless of who is on the receiving end. What this keeper(you... for clarity) fails to understand is that the internet provides years of information in a moments notice. You might not like a snotty little kid spitting out information that he/she picked up over the internet but all the experienced keepers that provide that information are to blame... if you can really call it blame when a kid learns from our experience?

Needless to say... add to the conflicting information... and disreguard commonsense...

Oh... What are the maximum temperatures(in the sun) and humidity in your neck of the woods... year round.

Quote:
Do you want the last word Ed? Just ask and I'll give it to you. But, you do have to ask.

ding, ding, ding...
and
Old 14-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #24
onarock
Hatched

I would like to apologize to the OP of this thread for the nasty turn it took. I dont want there to be any confusion as to what was intended before "Norm" (Character from the american tv show Cheers) stepped in. The OP was confused, as the title of the thread suggests and I am merely throwing my $.02. All of which is just my opinion based on experience. In no way was I throwing Richard Fife under the bus for his theory. I have Richards book on leopards and I recommend it here and on other sites as a great place to start if looking to keep leopards. Norm (Ed) has suggested that I dont value hydration when in fact I do... greatly. Read the last sentence of my first paragraph in my original post. I am a proponent of moderation based on common sense. If your going to cook your tortoise under basking lamps then you better crank the humidity up. However, there is no need to cook your tortoise.
Old 14-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #25
EJ
Adult

Wait a minute... I thought you said you would let me have the last word if I asked... I asked... goes to credibility...

You keep bringing up experience... you have less than both you are slamming.

I really don't think your two cents is worth that much.

...and you didn't respond to my question on Hawaii meteorological staistics...

Hey... Paul... I hope it was as entertaining for you as it was for me... oh... loved the personal jabs... You probably meant to use Cliff. Norm was the level headed barfly... you really need to get you facts streight.

Quote:
I would like to apologize to the OP of this thread for the nasty turn it took. I dont want there to be any confusion as to what was intended before "Norm" (Character from the american tv show Cheers) stepped in. The OP was confused, as the title of the thread suggests and I am merely throwing my $.02. All of which is just my opinion based on experience. In no way was I throwing Richard Fife under the bus for his theory. I have Richards book on leopards and I recommend it here and on other sites as a great place to start if looking to keep leopards. Norm (Ed) has suggested that I dont value hydration when in fact I do... greatly. Read the last sentence of my first paragraph in my original post. I am a proponent of moderation based on common sense. If your going to cook your tortoise under basking lamps then you better crank the humidity up. However, there is no need to cook your tortoise.
and
Old 14-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #26
onarock
Hatched

Quote:
I'll ask... can I have the last word?... just to show who is in control.

I actually wondered how I got into this exchange... It was an easy answer... responding to an arrogant keeper who thinks his word is gospel regardless of who is on the receiving end. What this keeper(you... for clarity) fails to understand is that the internet provides years of information in a moments notice. You might not like a snotty little kid spitting out information that he/she picked up over the internet but all the experienced keepers that provide that information are to blame... if you can really call it blame when a kid learns from our experience?

Needless to say... add to the conflicting information... and disreguard commonsense...

Oh... What are the maximum temperatures(in the sun) and humidity in your neck of the woods... year round.
Arrogant? If you read my first reply to the OP all I was trying to do was reassure the OP that her method was not as off base as others may have suggested. Thats all. And to let the OP know that the info that was delivered to the OP via that other site (we know which one) on how to raise leopards has not been in trial that long and that the person over there that first theorized this husbandry technique (that he stole from Richard) is himself a fraud. You can read my posts over there where I call him a fraud and prove it step by step. <--- The reason why Josh banned me. To protect the fraud.

Never once did I ever imply that my word is "gospel". We all know this because Onarock 3:7 or anything like it has never prefaced anything that I have written.

And, as for how you got into this "exchange" I'll tell ya. You misconstrued my original post and then wrote a condescending, snotty reply. If you would have taken the time to understand what I wrote, you might have just debated my husbandry technique in a civil manner (which is fine), but instead you thought you had to defend the honor of a friend (Richard) when there was need to do so because I was not attacking him.

Having said that... its cool Ed.... Apology accepted.
Old 14-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #27
onarock
Hatched

Quote:
Wait a minute... I thought you said you would let me have the last word if I asked... I asked... goes to credibility...

You keep bringing up experience... you have less than both you are slamming.

I really don't think your two cents is worth that much.

...and you didn't respond to my question on Hawaii meteorological staistics...

Hey... Paul... I hope it was as entertaining for you as it was for me... oh... loved the personal jabs... You probably meant to use Cliff. Norm was the level headed barfly... you really need to get you facts streight.
No I meant Norm, Ed

Which 2 am I slamming? Because I can only think of 1. <---- I dare you to answer that question and look like a fool.

Oh no... the victim again. Personal jabs... touche

I gave you the last word Ed... read back. You used it to ask me questions. LOL.
Old 14-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #28
EJ
Adult

(laughing histericlly)... You fkn' ass... arrogant ass. (still laughing)

I'll leave it at that. You got that last word.

Oh... your word is still worth squat.

Quote:
Arrogant? If you read my first reply to the OP all I was trying to do was reassure the OP that her method was not as off base as others may have suggested. Thats all. And to let the OP know that the info that was delivered to the OP via that other site (we know which one) on how to raise leopards has not been in trial that long and that the person over there that first theorized this husbandry technique (that he stole from Richard) is himself a fraud. You can read my posts over there where I call him a fraud and prove it step by step. <--- The reason why Josh banned me. To protect the fraud.

Never once did I ever imply that my word is "gospel". We all know this because Onarock 3:7 or anything like it has never prefaced anything that I have written.

And, as for how you got into this "exchange" I'll tell ya. You misconstrued my original post and then wrote a condescending, snotty reply. If you would have taken the time to understand what I wrote, you might have just debated my husbandry technique in a civil manner (which is fine), but instead you thought you had to defend the honor of a friend (Richard) when there was need to do so because I was not attacking him.

Having said that... its cool Ed.... Apology accepted.
and
Old 14-07-2013, 01:40 AM   #29
onarock
Hatched

Its all you can do is laugh Ed. You've done well in other debates, but not this one. Your so confused you cant even tell me who I'm slamming. You have a lot to offer the tortoise world and Ive often thought of you as a great writer, but all in all your just a mess. Get ur S*** together buddy. What a waste.
Old 14-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #30
EJ
Adult

All I can say is Cheers.

Quote:
Its all you can do is laugh Ed. You've done well in other debates, but not this one. Your so confused you cant even tell me who I'm slamming. You have a lot to offer the tortoise world and Ive often thought of you as a great writer, but all in all your just a mess. Get ur S*** together buddy. What a waste.
and
Closed Thread