Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 08-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #21
kaz9t9
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to kaz9t9

wise words Lucy
Old 08-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #22
Cheffi

Thank you for that link stells, makes very interesting and substantiating reading.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #23
Blaze
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to Blaze

brilliant stells I hadn't see that site before!

thanks for sharing that with us And thnaks everyone for voicing your views too.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #24
wizzasmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
HAS BEEN tested there is no need for STILL BEING tested, we wear cosmetics test them on us, why keep repeating the same tests on chemicals when we already know what they do, we know what harm substances do to eyes why keep doing it, why so many times, what gives us the right to test on animals in the first place if they had voices it would never be done, if they begged you to stop because it hurts would you still do it, they are living creatures the same as us that feel pain and suffering just like us but unlike us have no choice, we do and we choose to do it does that make us better or worse than them.surely with all the other methods available testing is outdated and should be phased out on all but the most essential and once those tests have been done there is no need to keep repeating them. I,m sure that you are aware that HRT comes from mares urine it can only be used when the mare is in foal, the foals aren,t needed so are killed at birth just so that we can have fewer hot flushes do you consider that humane imagine the outcry if we used mothers in the same way keeping them pregnant and hitting the babies over the head, these animals aren,t put to sleep by a vet with a kind hand to sooth they are wacked with a hammer or similar because its cheaper and just as effective the same as milking cow calves we choose to ignore the things that happen because we want cheap food in the shops it happens behind closed doors so it doesn,t matter after all they are only animals.

I am in compete agreement here. I was on hrt for many years and had to ask my doctor repeatedly to check it was not Premarin or prempack C related in any way. Thre were several alternatives using pure plant products. OK I had a stroke in the end but was told that if I had been taken the animal based ones then I would more likely have died. There is never any excuse in my book for any form of vanity in humans to take away the rights of any animal. I am ashamed to say I still know people who take Premarin even after being told of how it is made. I hope these people one day come back as a mare, made repeatedly pregnant and made to stand in a stall with a bucket strapped to their bits (
Old 08-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #25
wizzasmum

If you have never had to suffer hot flushes then you have no right to comment. HRT is not only prescribed for hot flushes it is also used for women that have had early hysterectomies. If you have suffered them but not to the extent some people do where it makes their lives debilitating and untenable then you have no right to make light of the fact. As for using human pregnant mothers as an example is plain ridiculous.[/quote]

Sorry guys, especially the guys LOL Hot flushes are a pain in the butt. They are not however life threatening and they do decrease if left to calm down naturally. Just over a year ago I had several per hour, each one lasting for minutes. Now I probably have the same amount per day and have learned to ignore them. My doctor prefers natural remedies and homeopathic treatment. She claimed that my symptoms were some of the worst she had seen and stated that it was due to stopping HRT in one day instead of over several months. The only medication I take now apart from blood thinning ones are Sage and evening primrose oil. (She claims that Black Cohosh has other nasty side effects which could affect the liver). So if HRT is taken to stop menoapuse symptoms, beware it could make things worse in the long term.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:04 PM   #26
wizzasmum

**meat is needed by our bodies, and i love streak and chips anyway such is the food chain. **

No it's not and I think the latter part of this sentence is the part that says it all
Old 08-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #27
pawsplus
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzasmum
Sorry guys, especially the guys LOL Hot flushes are a pain in the butt. They are not however life threatening and they do decrease if left to calm down naturally. Just over a year ago I had several per hour, each one lasting for minutes. Now I probably have the same amount per day and have learned to ignore them. My doctor prefers natural remedies and homeopathic treatment.
I'm pretty hardcore on the HRT issue. My mare Destiny was a "PMU foal" -- bred in Canada for the sole purpose of providing a pregnant mare (her mom) who could produce urine for the pharmaceutical industry. Thanks to the organization that arranged Destiny's rescue (and that of many other PMU babies), Des is alive and wonderful. But many horses lost their lives for many years b/c of Premarin. There ARE other remedies and YES, I've experience hot flashes. They don't kill you. Premarin, however, DOES kill.

Here's Destiny.

pawsplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #28
wizzasmum

. [/quote]
I'm pretty hardcore on the HRT issue. My mare Destiny was a "PMU foal" -- bred in Canada for the sole purpose of providing a pregnant mare (her mom) who could produce urine for the pharmaceutical industry. Thanks to the organization that arranged Destiny's rescue (and that of many other PMU babies), Des is alive and wonderful. But many horses lost their lives for many years b/c of Premarin. There ARE other remedies and YES, I've experience hot flashes. They don't kill you. Premarin, however, DOES kill.

Here's Destiny.

Wow she is beautiful Elizabeth Well done you for rescuing her and shame on those who cause this sort of thing to happen in the first place. Now I have longings for more land again I need a scam LOL
Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #29
Pussygalore
Adult

can,t see the picture is there another link to open it
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #30
pawsplus
Hatched

Should be there -- I can see it! You can also go to my weblink (below my siggy) -- tons of pix of Desi there.
pawsplus is offline   Reply With Quote