Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 21-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
Herpard
Adult

Default Fussy leopard?

Hi all,

In one half of squirts vivarium she has about 3x2 ft of turf with a large litter tray full of grass and weeds she'll happily eat the grass Fromm the turf but she doesn't bother with the stuff in the litter tray, she won't even eat the stuff when I pick it out for her and last night she slept in the litter tray for the first time lol

She'll eat anything else I offer her but she just doesn't want to know about the weeds and grass that's growing in this tray.

Anyone else's tortoises the same?
Herpard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
16 shells
Super Moderator
Adult

Have noticed mine there outside as you know, they go from plant's/weed's one day and a little grass, then another day maybe just graze on grass. I think it might be whatever they fancy eating. Also maybe spoilt for choice i don't know. I used to put turf's in the table, i would shred the weed's up and scatter on the turf, mouth full of weed's and grass.
Old 22-06-2011, 05:00 AM   #3
onarock
Hatched

Does she have to put her feet in the tray to eat the weeds? If so, maybe her feet slip a little and she doesnt feel comfortable. I have never experienced this with my leopards, but at one time they were hesitant to use a water dish, I beleive because of this.
onarock is offline   Reply With Quote