Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 19-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
shootinglou79
Sub Adult

bloody hell, if adults cant cope how can we expect kiddies too well petey i still love to play the odd rounders lol after a bevvy or two if that counts, but i'll admit im crap when iv had a couple lol lol, but i think all kids love sports day(schools ere do) think its just the parents that dont enjoy em
shootinglou79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #12
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

I ve always hated them. Don't mind sport but hate sports days lol. Thnkfully I've done my last ever sports day

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #13
Becks
Adult

it has cooled right down here now omg i can feel a breeze lol atlast lol
i hope it stays this way to HOT i cant stand it ....

horsfields ,redfoots ,southern and northan morrocans,
map turtle .

http://www.redfoottortoiseplace.piczo.com
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #14
jeff
Sub Adult

Yes Becks your not alone with the heat i hate it too,I feel like im being cooked alive,being bold dont help lol.
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #15
Dazza
Adult

Loads of schools around here have cancelled sports day, making sure all the kids have bottles of water in class and giving them lunch outside in the shade.

NOW when i was at school, we got oui lad do your tie up, at break times we had to que for the water fountains, now i guess its a human rights issue-LOL and my dad used to say to me "you don't know your born son, when i was a lad........" i hear myself saying exactly that to my daughter!!!!

Tortoises are hiding in the day they are out now grazing and enjoying the cool spray of the sprinkler. (8pm)

Darren
Dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #16
clairekentuk
Incubating

My daughters school did sports day in blazing heat for 2 hours, and they still make them queue for the fountain with a supervisor counting to 3 to let them know when they have had enough to drink, which in my opinion and in this heat is a human rights issue, especially when the NHS has advised the young to stay indoors and drink plenty of water.

The kids who were in school (not in sports day) didnt look like they were doing much eg sitting under tree etc so what is the point of them being there?
Old 19-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #17
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

I agree we have done nothing at school the past couple fo weeks I see no point me being there at this time of year when its so hot and the teachers want to be somewhere else.

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #18
clairekentuk
Incubating

Precisely and more to the point I could have 4 more hours in my day by not having to do the school run by bus from my little house out in the sticks!
I feel a day off coming on tommorrow if it is like this again.
Old 22-07-2006, 12:33 AM   #19
terrific tortoises
Juvenile

Just seen this thread, well on the hottest day, I took the day off work (perks of being self employed)...I work outside, so what do you think I did?, yep did some sunbathing...I love the sun...I have worked overseas in 44 degrees celcious, and also sunbathed at that same temperature!!!...

My torts are all eating well, but most of the day, they are in the shade, or "dug in"...T.T. 8)