Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 08-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #31
Cheffi

Well all I can say to you sue is that you got off lightly. I have a friend who is still going through the menopause after 12 yrs and still getting severe hot flushes. Because of the years of this she had to leave her job as she could not carry on meeting people, breaking out in a pouring sweat and being embarassed. After 5 years she suffered a nervous breakdown because she couldn't cope with the effects the menopause was having on her. At this point I think her doctors did actually put her on HRT

The other thing is that the hot flush is way down on the lower end of the scale whereas the pouring with sweat, having to change clothes 4 or 5 times a day, changing the bedlinen nightly is an all too regular occurence. I was put on HRT after having had cervical cancer and having an emergency hysterectomy at 40. I was told that if I kept my ovaries I would probably get my menopause more or less naturally. Not so, after 18 months the flushes started and built up to such an extent that I could not carry on my business. I tried the herbal remedies which were a complete waste of time. Too each their own. They may work for some and I'd always try the natural route first. I'm still on hrt now and have tried coming off of it in the last 6 months gradually. I recently started taking it again and will have another go in another 6 months. I don't take it on a whim I need it to survive as does my dear friend.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #32
tortoise_dude

Gorgeous Horse up there ^^^

Sorry for causing all this guys, i havent read most of it but know how much discussing its causing (there I go again! <G>)

Anyway, I was actually pointing it more into the vegetarian direction than peta in general.

Heres the way I look at it-

What makes us think that we are better than animals? yes, we are more intelligent, but extremely less humane. (if that makes any sense!)

Animals eat meat because they HAVE too, we, however eat meat becasue its drummed into us from day one, yes, up untill about 2 months ago (maybe less) I was eating meat, but i stopped and just thought it wasnt right to kill animals when you can live perfectly well without.

I have discovered that i have alot more energy, no migranes, and lost weight during the time im a veggie- I also get up easier in the morning and I do not get fatigued.

I really dont see how people can class themselves as animal lovers but still go and eat pigs and chickens and Various other corpses.

I disagree however with the way that peta obtains this (and I wasnt aware of this) and the way that they force their views down other peoples throats.

These are my last words on the subject, i am not offending or forcing my views on anyone else- just giving a staement of my opinon.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #33
Pussygalore
Adult

I can see her now shes lovely how old is she, was I right in saying that the foals are killed how does the rescue system work do they get sold either way I think its horrible, Black Cohosh workd for me but I was told to have a break every 6 months or so, I haven,t been taking it that long, I,ll make a note of the two HRT,s that use the mares urine so I know which to advoid if I ever have to take it which god forbid I won,t.glad there are some other likeminded people out there could have done with some help earlier.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #34
Pussygalore
Adult

Cheffi I thought you were a guy if I,m right when we talked before you refered to if I was his dad, if you are why are you taking HRT if your female you sure sound masculine ( no offence intended)
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #35
wizzasmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheffi
Well all I can say to you sue is that you got off lightly. I have a friend who is still going through the menopause after 12 yrs and still getting severe hot flushes. Because of the years of this she had to leave her job as she could not carry on meeting people, breaking out in a pouring sweat and being embarassed. After 5 years she suffered a nervous breakdown because she couldn't cope with the effects the menopause was having on her. At this point I think her doctors did actually put her on HRT

The other thing is that the hot flush is way down on the lower end of the scale whereas the pouring with sweat, having to change clothes 4 or 5 times a day, changing the bedlinen nightly is an all too regular occurence. I was put on HRT after having had cervical cancer and having an emergency hysterectomy at 40. I was told that if I kept my ovaries I would probably get my menopause more or less naturally. Not so, after 18 months the flushes started and built up to such an extent that I could not carry on my business. I tried the herbal remedies which were a complete waste of time. Too each their own. They may work for some and I'd always try the natural route first. I'm still on hrt now and have tried coming off of it in the last 6 months gradually. I recently started taking it again and will have another go in another 6 months. I don't take it on a whim I need it to survive as does my dear friend.
Well all I can say to you is that I have no intention of putting any more of my health issues on a tortoise list<vbg> but 'got off likely' is not exactly how I saw it LOL. It was a flipping nightmare but was solved with natural remedies. Yes they are not as rapid as sticking drugs down your neck but the result is exactly the same - you just need patience. Survival? Heavens above!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #36
pawsplus
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
I can see her now shes lovely how old is she, was I right in saying that the foals are killed how does the rescue system work do they get sold either way I think its horrible.
She's now 5; was 3 in that pic. They were originally just sent to slaughter. Then various rescue groups stepped in, and encouraged the farmers to breed nicer horses and to sell the groups the foals instead of selling them to the feedlot. The rescue groups were VERY well-organized and arranged transport to the states, etc. When the farms closed down a whole NEW problem arose -- a lot of mares and stallions looking for homes who had, for the most part, almost no training and little handling. I helped Destiny's mom find a great new home but have been unable to find out what happened to her dad.
pawsplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #37
Cheffi

Well all I can say to you is that I have no intention of putting any more of my health issues on a tortoise list<vbg> but 'got off likely' is not exactly how I saw it LOL. It was a flipping nightmare but was solved with natural remedies. Yes they are not as rapid as sticking drugs down your neck but the result is exactly the same - you just need patience. Survival? Heavens above!

Someone who is suicidal because they cannot cope with life due to their health issues may survive by sticking drugs down their neck. I like being alive and if it was a choice for me then I'd stick them down my neck til the cows came home.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #38
tortoise_dude

Quote:

I have seen Sue after this, and When she desribed it, it wasnt nice- I didnt like to say, but she looked sooo Ill the next time I saw her, and it was about 2 months after
Old 08-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #39
wizzasmum

Yeah - but I am back now Josh to give you earache LOL
Old 08-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #40
tortoise_dude

LMAO- You'll have to set samson onto my shoe again