Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 30-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #11
kreacher
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
He's very handsome. I was wondering if dragons are like dogs where pedigree is concerned. With dogs being weaker if they are pedigree than mixed breed dogs, is that the same with these bright coloured dragons? I would love to have one but worry it might not be as healthy as a common old brown one.
There doesn't seem to be any problems with the morph's of these guys at the moment. They may well start to find some in the future but as long as people are breeding from healthy adults from good blood lines it should be ok unlike dogs they are not a different breed of the animal if it is coloured. They are naturally coloured in the wild so it's just picking an adult male an female that hav strong colours. Where as with shih tzu's or a dog like that is bred to have say flat noses and then end up with an array of health problems, dragons arent modified, they are just bred from parents that show the strong colours and as long as they are healthy the babies will be healthy
kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #12
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreacher View Post
There doesn't seem to be any problems with the morph's of these guys at the moment. They may well start to find some in the future but as long as people are breeding from healthy adults from good blood lines it should be ok unlike dogs they are not a different breed of the animal if it is coloured. They are naturally coloured in the wild so it's just picking an adult male an female that hav strong colours. Where as with shih tzu's or a dog like that is bred to have say flat noses and then end up with an array of health problems, dragons arent modified, they are just bred from parents that show the strong colours and as long as they are healthy the babies will be healthy
Thanks for that informative and interesting reply. It makes sense when you put it like that. I thought they were being bred from "freak" lizards that might somehow be weaker than "normal" coloured ones.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #13
kreacher
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
Thanks for that informative and interesting reply. It makes sense when you put it like that. I thought they were being bred from "freak" lizards that might somehow be weaker than "normal" coloured ones.
Yeah I understand completely why you would think it could end up like dogs where they seem to breed them regardless of wether it has any implicantions on their health or not...luckily with reptiles they are not bred like that which is good because reptiles are difficult enough to look after without them having more problems haha!
kreacher is offline   Reply With Quote