Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Default low blood pressure

Anyone suffer from that? I didn't up to now but have had a couple of fainty type episodes and am wondering if it might be that. I was also not able to eat after the first one because I couldn't contol what I was doing with my mouth, does that sound familiar to low BP sufferers? My wife gets it from time to time but hasn't had the mouth problem.

It might be a side effect from reducing my tablets which I can't stop taking suddenly, been on a reduced dose for 1 week now
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
emma_mcraf
Adult

I've got ridiculously low BP. I get lightheaded if I stand up too quickly, get out of a hot bath too quickly, etc. It's a horrid feeling. I tend to sit myself back down, try to cool myself and eat a biscuit. My BP was so low during my pregnancies that I often became faint, often in shops where I felt so stupid.... not that you'll have that problem!
You have my empathy.

I've not had the mouth problem other than when suffering a serious migraine when I become incoherent and lose co-ordination, my full sight and feel as if I'm on my way out!!

I've always found it annoying that high BP can be treated with meds but not low BP. When I came off my beta-blockers during my last pregnancy five years ago, my low BP got worse and I suffered a few heart palpitations too so it's very possible it's linked to your reduction in meds.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

if I went to the doc would my BP show up as being low if he/she checked it? just wondering if it's worth my trouble going down there

or does it go back to normal again?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
natstorts
Juvenile

Tracey would know a lot about this

1.0.1 THBs(Freddie and Flo)
0.0.1 Leopard(Otis)
1.1.0 Dogs (Zac + Meg)
2.0.0 Cats (Oli + Billy)
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon (Draz)
1.0.0 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Ralph)
2.0.0 Gerbils (Patch + Digger)
natstorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Aliza
Juvenile

I do! I have hypotension apparently. The doctors often take my BP twice as they are so shocked the first time. It can be a right nightmare, get quite light headed standing for long periods. The doc recommended I up my salt intake.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
emma_mcraf
Adult

Mine usually shows up as being on the low side but then my Dr has deemed that as 'normal' for me, so doesn't take any notice. When I was expecting it went as low as 59/38 but although I was asked about my dizziness, nothing was ever done about it. I'm not sure anything can be done about it.
I seem to be prone to giddiness as I also suffer from vertigo and have had labyrinthitis twice, which is truly awful. I'm such a dizzy cow!
I've had tablets which helped with the labyrinthitis and which can be used for vertigo but my Dr is all for non-medicinal treatment and put me through a horrid thing called the Epley Manoeuvre. It didn't work on me but I believe it can be effective.
If you find the dizziness is having a bad adverse effect on your life then go to see your GP and get it double checked.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
Watermelon
Adult

I have low bp too, when I stand up sometimes all I can see is like tv static however that is usually when my iron is low.
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
however that is usually when my iron is low.
do you do your ironing on the floor then?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

been to doc and he thinks it won't be the medication. got bloods taken
Old 06-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
TDB
Incubating

Glad you went for bloods, it didnt sound like anything related to low Bp if you d have said feeling faint and nauseous i would have said yes a possibility with the problem with your mouth well not too sure...hopefully the bloods will shine some light on the situation I ll keep my eyes peeled for an update, good luck and hope you feel better soon xx Tracey
TDB is offline   Reply With Quote