Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 07-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
shafach
Juvenile

Question ideal temps ...

hi all, quick question... can you advise me on the ideal temps for my hermanns indoor enclosure... also, at the moment i have seperate heat / light bulbs, but am thinking of changing to a combined one... any advice would be much appreciated... ooh, one more thing, my two hermanns won't be hibernating this year (vets advice as they have been a bit poorly since i had them in January, although seem fine now), do i adjust the daylight hours to reflect our daylight, or should they have 12 hours daylight a day ? sorry for all the questions...

two hermanns - Mikey and Ralph
two moggies -Kenny and Roisin
one hamster -Trev
shafach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #2
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Hi Sha, don't know about temps for Hermans, although I think its the same for all med species but if you go for a combined bulb you won't do better than a Megaray. I've got a 100w one that I got from Dazza and I'd now never use anything else. If you're not going to hibernate your torts then you need to try to replicate summer and I would leave your lamps on for 12 hrs a day.
By the way, my top temp for my Iberas is about 30-32 degrees under the lamp. Please advise if this is incorrect!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
shafach
Juvenile

Cheers Bindi, have heard a few people mention Dazza - how do i get hold of him to order one ? so many people have mentioned the combined bulbs, which make sense, so i thought i would try one for them... many thanks for getting back to me so quick... xxx

one hamster -Trev
Old 07-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
shafach
Juvenile

oh, meant to say, I didnt get the opportunity to rehome Johnny, the 51 year old hermann i mentioned last week... he has gone to a family member of the old lady that couldnt care for him anymore... however, they have got my details if things change and they need to rehome him in the future... am gutted, but its good news for his previous owner as she obviously loves Johnny very much and this way she can still see him regularly, as he will only be living a few streets away... so, its ok... hopefully, will be able to rehome another tort in the future, tho my two lads are keeping me out of mischief, lol... xxx

one hamster -Trev
Old 07-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
Bindi
Super Moderator
Adult

Sorry to hear about Jonny, Sha....better luck next time?

You can send Dazza a pm or his website's called Kimbos Reptile World, pretty sure its on a sticky somewhere and he's got a link with his signature
Old 07-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
shafach
Juvenile

Thanks Bindi, will have a look now... xxx

one hamster -Trev