Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
Blueginger1984
Incubating

Default XRAY Pictures

Hi everyone, so since the beginning of summer Dory hasn't been himself. He has stopped eating and doesn't get up by himself no more. I put him under his light for a warm but he only stays for a few minutes and then goes back to his cold end. I took him to the vets and they checked for worms which was clear. The guy said torts can go off their food sometimes so just to keep bathing him which I'm doing everyday until he picks up. Weeks later he still hadn't improved so it took him to see a different vet. He decided to run some blood tests and take some xrays.

The vets said he doesn't think the xray looks right as his lungs are not showing clearly. The vet said usually they show as black on the xray, Dory isn't showing any signs of difficulty breathing or any discharge from his nose. I'm still waiting for the results of the blood tests. Dory hasn't got any worse but has improved a little eating small amounts every now and then. I haven't got an outdoor enclosure yet as I've been having work done outside, but when I take him outside he is quite active, but when I put him back he goes to bed. His warm end is 29-30 and cold end is 26-27. Anyway here are copies of his xrays, I'd be interested in any advice you could offer?

Sorry for the long post!