Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Feedback/Suggestions/Problems

Old 06-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #11
Watermelon
Adult

I suppose really, you can search everyones old picture threads for pics.... thats what I do usually anyway. I have albums for each torty on facebook.
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #12
Catwoman63
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe View Post
Albums were never an intended feature as such. People upload pictures and take up huge amounts of server space so I've always encouraged the use of photo uploading services such as Photobucket et al.
oh i see, i do have a lot of photos in my albums, so maybe i should remove some of them then? i thought the album facility was for the purpose of sharing photos of your tortoises on SW otherwise whats the point of having albums lol x

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #13
Catwoman63
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelon View Post
I suppose really, you can search everyones old picture threads for pics.... thats what I do usually anyway. I have albums for each torty on facebook.
I do have a facebook account but very rarely go on to it, i suppose i could create albums on my facebook account and upload from there, i looked at photobucket last night and you can link it with facebook, so will look further into that and go down that route then lol x

0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Old 08-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman63 View Post
oh i see, i do have a lot of photos in my albums, so maybe i should remove some of them then? i thought the album facility was for the purpose of sharing photos of your tortoises on SW otherwise whats the point of having albums lol x
I think the album feature may just happen to come with the forum format (v.Bulletin) whether it was wanted or not.. like wing mirrors on a car

Deleting some to make room for others might work, I don't know. The 'trouble' with photos these days is that the file sizes are massive, if I set my camera to take the best quality photos it can take, they would be 78 megabytes each in RAW format.

Ideally, photos for viewing on the web should be reduced from 300dpi (or whatever your resolution may be) to 72dpi - they look exactly the same on a screen and the file size could be reduced to under 100kb which is about a tenth of a megabyte. I think even phones have the ability to reduce file sizes these days but I wouldn't know how to do it. Photo editing software programmes usually have 'export for web' options which converts them to 72dpi and there are online ones too I think
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #15
Catwoman63
Adult

Thanks Alan, I think I understood all that lol, will try photobucket or something, and also reduce the pics in my albums altho that will be hard to do as I like them in there, but don't want to clog the server etc lol x

0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)