Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 23-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
chrissyb
Egg

Give me a few days i'll sketch you one out with instructions. Will be LOOSLY based around your dimensions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phARQroJjEs
^ Bob Marley, No woman no cry cover
chrissyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #12
Jemma1
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to Jemma1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyb View Post
Give me a few days i'll sketch you one out with instructions. Will be LOOSLY based around your dimensions.
Aww thank you so much! x
Old 26-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
shellonia
Sub Adult

I've often tyhought about it but don't think males will be very happy if they are so close to females?Even outside my males get restless at times and can think of nothing except finding them!!And they are in totally seperate pens.Just a thought-it could be a problem,but excellent space-saving idea
shellonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
Jemma1
Sub Adult

Ed's look really good, i will send him a message thanks kelly
Old 26-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #15
AI1979
Egg

Well

I delivered mine on the weekend and the new owners were well happy, the one you're talking about above on ebay was made by me.

It's not very difficult to make, i always wanted a tortoise table but when you see one advertised by ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for £500 it makes you want to just build it yourself
AI1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #16
Jemma1
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI1979 View Post
Well

I delivered mine on the weekend and the new owners were well happy, the one you're talking about above on ebay was made by me.

It's not very difficult to make, i always wanted a tortoise table but when you see one advertised by ..................... for £500 it makes you want to just build it yourself
I bid on the one you had on ebay! do you still have the plans for it? And how much did it cost you to make?

Thanks
Old 26-01-2010, 09:40 PM   #17
brodi
Egg

Im damn interested in these tables also, but from more of a 'I wanna try and build it, to see if i can'
brodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #18
AI1979
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemma1 View Post
I bid on the one you had on ebay! do you still have the plans for it? And how much did it cost you to make?

Thanks
It wasnt that difficult to make trust me, the only lil difficult part was to actually construct the ramp, plus what i added was a couple of inches of wood at the bottom of the persplex so the tortoises could not see out.

In all it probably cost me around £60 - £80, but that includes the varnish/paint and stuff, when you compare that to companies who sell for £500 do you think its worth it? well I do, plus they claim to make it out of pine and if i made it out of pine it would only cost me about £120.

For the people who were scared about torrts looking out of persplex the problem was rectified by adding wood at the bottom so the torts couldnt look out.

The funny thing is the so called tortoise company that sold tables for £500 threatened me with a lawsuit for apparently robbing their idea lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodi View Post
Im damn interested in these tables also, but from more of a 'I wanna try and build it, to see if i can'
it's not very hard, at first my table was only a 2 floor one but there wasnt enough room for the ramp and it was at about 60/70 degrees agnle making it very hard for the torts to climb, so i spaced it out to make three floors so the angle got changed to about 30 degrees which they climbed no sweat.

stuff like adding doors for quarantine i added later on when my torts had to get separated.
AI1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #19
Jemma1
Sub Adult

ah thank you,we are having to re consider the bunk ones like Eds after more info about it becoming very hot.. so thanks for that, will help a lot x
Old 30-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #20
jackiedots
Incubating

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI1979 View Post
Well

It's not very difficult to make, i always wanted a tortoise table but when you see one advertised by ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for £500 it makes you want to just build it yourself
I tried to go onto the ebay link but it just says that the auction is closed (or something ) now. Other people seem to have viewed it so I dont know if I am doing something wrong. Anyway, could you put the photo on here so that I can have a look. I am dying to see what a three tierer looks like.

Regards

jackie
jackiedots is offline   Reply With Quote