Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 15-09-2015, 06:10 AM   #11
Stellanne
Hatchling

So excited for you Row, stressful, but well worth it when you sit down with your first cup of tea in your new home!!! Enjoy x x x hugs x x x
Stellanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 06:28 AM   #12
Rowan
Sub Adult

Thanks everyone!

We got the keys at 1 yesterday and the children's rooms are done.

Now for the rest of the house

So much to do still and have been tossing and turning since 5 so I am up but feel totally shattered!

With just the two of us lugging things around it's hard going but will be worth it in the end, just want it to be done but we will get there.

The torts will be the last things to move and I still don't know where they are going At least I will have a the winter to start thinking about their outdoor enclosure. All 160+ bricks from their old enclosure will be be coming with us!

Good luck with your house Ross too.

xxx
Old 15-09-2015, 06:57 AM   #13
Rowan
Sub Adult

I was very emotional yesterday and had tears driving back from new place. Is this normal? Lol I'm not an emotional person so took me by surprise and the OH who asked why my eyes were leaking!!!!!

Anyway 7 am now time to start round 2
Old 15-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #14
emma_mcraf
Adult

They say moving is one of the most stressful things to go through, so I'm sure it's a mixture of stress, excitement for owning your own home and just the change it all brings. Hard work and little sleep makes us all emotional, Row.
It sounds like you did so well getting so much done yesterday. Hope you're making time for cuppas and cake/chocolate to sustain you.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #15
vikki
Hatched

How is it going Rowan? Is it starting to feel like home yet? It is very stressful especially when you have had delays etc and i think sometimes it is sheer exhaustion and relief that can affect the emotions - i am sure most of us have done it at some point so i would definitely class you as "normal"!!! Hope it continues to go OK but dont wear yourself down too much, give yourself a bit of time to enjoy it and sit and realise this is all yours!!
vikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #16
Rowan
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki View Post
How is it going Rowan? Is it starting to feel like home yet? It is very stressful especially when you have had delays etc and i think sometimes it is sheer exhaustion and relief that can affect the emotions - i am sure most of us have done it at some point so i would definitely class you as "normal"!!! Hope it continues to go OK but dont wear yourself down too much, give yourself a bit of time to enjoy it and sit and realise this is all yours!!
Hard bloody work lol. Still not there yet. Got back at 9 last night and still sooooo much to do. 1 argument so far and lots of aching muscles!

Round 3 starts to day of moving more stuff. I think once we're sleeping there it will feel more like home and I'm hoping that will be soon......

We will get there I'm sure. Excitement has passed for the time being xxxx
Old 16-09-2015, 07:54 AM   #17
vikki
Hatched

It will get easier. Last year I sold my 3 bedroom house at the end of February, moved everything into my mums 2 bedroom bungalow then bought this house last July and so moved again end of July and also changed jobs (oh and gave up smoking at the same time) so definitely can understand the stress factor Keep at it and you will get there soon and it will all be worth it
vikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2015, 08:09 AM   #18
Rowan
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki View Post
It will get easier. Last year I sold my 3 bedroom house at the end of February, moved everything into my mums 2 bedroom bungalow then bought this house last July and so moved again end of July and also changed jobs (oh and gave up smoking at the same time) so definitely can understand the stress factor Keep at it and you will get there soon and it will all be worth it
Thank you for the words of encouragement I know we'll get there.

I'm smoking more than ever but have said I'll try and give up when we're in and lose weight and exercise and be more tidy and so many things lol
Old 16-09-2015, 08:10 AM   #19
Rowan
Sub Adult

Oh and I'm never moving again!!!!!!! xx
Old 16-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #20
CherryBrandy
Adult

Think of all the fun you will have growing weeds and building a new area for torts with all those bricks!! love bricks - you could do a Mediterranean (crikey that's hard to spell never realised before!) style housienda or Mex I con ! how lovely your first Christmas too - there said it again....! It'll calm down very quickly as well. Take lots of pickies for yourself to look back on - I found that helps, nostaligic x