Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 28-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #101
Kirkie
Adult

I understand that circstamces cam change and that peoe have valid reasons for rehoming tortoises. I know the Internet isn't the be all and end all but added together there are probably 3000 active members on the ul tortoise forums. That's from a hobby that has literally thousands of new animals fed into it every year. Ed could probably tell you how book sales are

the way some of the tortoises I see have been kept beggars belief. It's not even the old " garden tortoise" which has some benefits to the animal. It only because of the durability of the tortoise as an animal that they've survived.

I was told yesterday of a reptile shop that is creating a display area which will house adult examples of the species for sale (mostly snakes) for the benefit of potential customers. I think this is a gallent gesture and shows that it's not all about profit. They are taking in rescused adult s Ames for the display which is an added bonus.
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #102
ziggy's owner
Adult

yeah i agree, i got my tort from a shop over the net, and shes a loving looking tort... well i think she is, i might be wrong. i'm not a expert on the matter, and my one tort is a import, and i dont think theres anything wrong with that thou others will disagree, but if you buy all your torts from same supplier aint you likely to interbreed, and will that cause probs.... i know it does is small animals dogs and cats,

2.0.0 spur thighs
2.3.0 hermanns
2.1.1 marginated
0.0.4 leopard
2.8.0 guinea pigs
1.2.0 Springers
1.0.0 hamster
0.0.1 Blue Tongue skink
2.2.0 Beardies
And tropical fish
Also have baby marginated tortoises for sale
ziggy's owner is offline   Reply With Quote