Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 26-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
Suze65
Adult

Milo does look very pleased. Is he eating better now, and is his recovered from his opp.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #12
Pussygalore
Adult

got over the opp fine and we both think he feels a bit less bony, he is eating a bit better but the Zantac didn't seem to make much difference, anyway I've given up worrying as he seems fine. I have Bakers down all the time which I know isn't very good but he's eating it and he has another food called Hi Lite Moist which he's also eating, at least it looks promising.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #13
Merlin M
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
Milo also washes his face with his paws the same as a cat does and I've never seen a dog do that, it looks very sweet,
My Buzz does this also, but I do think she is part cat!

Glad Milo likes his new toy, and that he is feeling ok after his op!

I also only get buzz rawhide chews as she has no interest in toys!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #14
cherylahutch
Adult

Must make sure Sam doesn't read this he will want pocket money lol but known him he'd just try to eat it.

You have a very cute dog looks very happy with his new toy x
Old 27-01-2014, 08:38 AM   #15
Pussygalore
Adult

I didn't realize he'd need as much combing as he does, he gets knots in the hair around his ears and dinner in his 'ruff' his tail gets all knotted and picks up mud,sticks etc as well, not that we mind combing him but he hates it. I'll have to look for a bib next
Old 27-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #16
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
got over the opp fine and we both think he feels a bit less bony, he is eating a bit better but the Zantac didn't seem to make much difference, anyway I've given up worrying as he seems fine. I have Bakers down all the time which I know isn't very good but he's eating it and he has another food called Hi Lite Moist which he's also eating, at least it looks promising.
Would that be Hi LIFE moist PG, short stick things like mince meat? We call them wigglies as that's what my son called them when he was little and it stuck. That's all Teddy will eat, that and the wet tray food they make that you can only buy in poundland and a few other pound/99p/ family value shops.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband

Last edited by pagan queen; 27-01-2014 at 01:20 PM.
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #17
Pussygalore
Adult

yes thats the one, I threw the package away and had to guess at the name as its the first time I've tried it with Milo, anyway he seems to be eating it and the bakers, but its left down all the time as he won't eat at a meal time. Milo also has suitable table bits and also has the odd raw chicken wing, he's definately eating better, at the moment, fingers crossed it carries on. I can't beleive having him neutered would have an effect that quick but was told they use about 1/3 less calories so maybe it is. I have all sorts of packs, tins and trays of different wet food but more often than not he won't touch them or if he does won't eat the same again so it all gets thrown away, I have the Natures Menu frozen raw cubes in the fridge which again if he's in the mood will eat, its so annoying when I have to keep throwing it away. Where we used to live it would have gone to the fox but we can't do that here as there are two dogs in the main house who are real scavengers and would soon find it outside.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 27-01-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 27-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #18
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
yes thats the one, I threw the package away and had to guess at the name as its the first time I've tried it with Milo, anyway he seems to be eating it and the bakers, but its left down all the time as he won't eat at a meal time. Milo also has suitable table bits and also has the odd raw chicken wing, he's definately eating better, at the moment, fingers crossed it carries on. I can't beleive having him neutered would have an effect that quick but was told they use about 1/3 less calories so maybe it is. I have all sorts of packs, tins and trays of different wet food but more often than not he won't touch them or if he does won't eat the same again so it all gets thrown away, I have the Natures Menu frozen raw cubes in the fridge which again if he's in the mood will eat, its so annoying when I have to keep throwing it away. Where we used to live it would have gone to the fox but we can't do that here as there are two dogs in the main house who are real scavengers and would soon find it outside.
We leave Teddy's dry food down all day, always have. He is a grazer rather than a meal kind of guy. He has only recently started eating the wet food, he seemed to be less enthusiastic about his food, and after eating the same thing for 12 years I can't blame him. We tried loads of different wet foods, like you, and he turned his nose up at them all until we found the Hi Life wet food in trays and he loves that as much as the dry version. The best thing is, it's cheap. 2 trays for a £ and they last Teddy 2 days sometimes longer.
One thing you might want to try giving Milo is some small pieces of raw fruit and veg. Teddy loves carrot, broccoli stalk, apple, banana, the list is endless, he will eat most veg, salad, oh and weeds, he eats what I pick for the torts. It's worth a try, just to give him some extra calories and variety. From what you've said about him he sounds a lot like Teddy.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 27-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #19
Pussygalore
Adult

Milo will sometimes eat a raw french bean or sugar snap pea and when I'm podding peas in the summer he likes those as well, not keen on carrot but will eat a bit of apple, we usually offer him most of what we are eating although he leaves cooked veg. He does like my home made rice pudding, we have shepherds pie tonight and will have the left overs, I just have to keep offereing the food whenever we're eating as its such a small amount he'll eat at a time ie a teaspoon of rice. He's so full off energy though I don't think there's much wrong with him just eats little and often a bit like me as long as he doesn't get as fat as me.
Old 27-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #20
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Milo will sometimes eat a raw french bean or sugar snap pea and when I'm podding peas in the summer he likes those as well, not keen on carrot but will eat a bit of apple, we usually offer him most of what we are eating although he leaves cooked veg. He does like my home made rice pudding, we have shepherds pie tonight and will have the left overs, I just have to keep offereing the food whenever we're eating as its such a small amount he'll eat at a time ie a teaspoon of rice. He's so full off energy though I don't think there's much wrong with him just eats little and often a bit like me as long as he doesn't get as fat as me.
Oh yes, Teddy's favourite is leftovers. I think some dogs are just scrap food dogs.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband