Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #11
CherryBrandy
Adult

spring is amazing isn't it. all new growth - dandelions never went away and some of the plants are still here like chicory. I wonder if they will flower again. Raining here but the Horsfields were up the other day all of them, greenhouse 28 degrees. rest are up but under lamps and eating - they didn't like their baths at all. Mary - you will know who hissed the loudest and longest !!
when do you think the sunshine will come?
Old 10-03-2020, 01:10 PM   #12
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
spring is amazing isn't it. all new growth - dandelions never went away and some of the plants are still here like chicory. I wonder if they will flower again. Raining here but the Horsfields were up the other day all of them, greenhouse 28 degrees. rest are up but under lamps and eating - they didn't like their baths at all. Mary - you will know who hissed the loudest and longest !!
when do you think the sunshine will come?
Not this month at this rate. Probably not till May. Hope we can have a warm and dry summer and not a heatwave this year. It can rain through the night to keep our weeds and edible flowers watered. Wouldn’t that be nice?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:23 PM   #13
sandy
Adult

Four of mine are now up, just one to go.
The male is raring, so will have to seperate them until I can let them out:0(

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 06:11 PM   #14
CherryBrandy
Adult

that's unusual isn't it sandy - meaning the male having so much energy - mine are barely opening their mouths and then sleeping.

Emma - you always predict the weather right !!! are we having a hot summer nigh heeeeeights. tell me more tell me more , CB
Old 14-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #15
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBrandy View Post
that's unusual isn't it sandy - meaning the male having so much energy - mine are barely opening their mouths and then sleeping.

Emma - you always predict the weather right !!! are we having a hot summer nigh heeeeeights. tell me more tell me more , CB
Well, we’ve got a little wait until summer sun, the summer’s begun, Clare! 😉
It could be electrifying and it sounds like Sandy’s male is losing control so there might be a lot of summer loving going on... okay, can’t remember any more lyrics...

I think we’re going to see more rain this summer than the last two. I remember the last time we had a mild winter we had a terrible summer, so perhaps we need the cold snaps like the past two winters to get the summer heatwaves, though they’re not much fun after a few days are they?!
I reckon it’ll be a few nice days then a few rainy ones and so on rather than a long run with heat and no rain like we had in 2018 and 2019. I don’t much like grass that is parched and yellow and doggies that can’t be walked because the tarmac is so hot or feeling like I’m melting!

We’re already arriving at the spring equinox this week so halfway to midsummer! Not too long to find out what the weather has in store. Not that we can do anything about it anyway! 😂😂😂

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #16
CherryBrandy
Adult

Ha - yes, quite right too. what a beautiful weekend weather wise - I have done too much in the garden and can barely move now...CB