Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 12-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
jandh
Hatched

Default Max eggs in incubator

Hi everyone ....this year's perhaps due to the weather and my girls getting bigger .I have got 5 batches of eggs , 30 in total all hatching at different times. I have 22 eggs in a home made Incubator and the other 8 in another one .I'm we ing space in Incubator no2 in case I have any hatchlings and I have to move them from other eggs.is it ok to have so many eggs in one Incubator.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
CherryBrandy
Adult

afternoon jandh, congratulations on the merry making ! I am no expert and others more knowledgeable will come on and assess but I would say as long as the temps and humidity is sustained to the right levels across the home incubator then should be fine. Not sure you gave dimensions but I am sure it would be the same response if big or small - ie make sure all the eggies get their fair share of heat at sustained levels and humidity across so maybe a few more sponges spotted around? and check temps consistent by way of a few more thermometers if large area ..good luck , keep us posted !
Old 13-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #3
jandh
Hatched

Thank you cherry brandy ......the most eggs for me is 6 .do having 30 well it's a first ....hopefully I will have five weeks of new torts hatching x