Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Ask The Experts > Identification/Sexing.

Old 15-06-2015, 07:16 PM   #21
Wyannis
Hatchling

Hi Lorna, Toby is on the list of possible boy names for Florence. I'm not just happy with any of the suggestions at the moment so I might hold off a bit longer. Did you find it hard to think of cherry as a boy? It's strange that we seem to assign a gender to them even though we know There is no guarentee. Then it's hard to get your head around it when you find out.
Wyannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #22
Daryn
Hatchling

Cherry / Toby is certainly a male lol, he cannot get enough of Terri my female and has had to be kept well away from her. Im sure he is a rabbit not a tortoise hahaha

My travel site and forum www.majorcaforum.com
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #23
Lorna
Egg

Well, I have a few other tortoises, I've tried to pick gender neutral names, as they were young when I named them. So Mulberry, Mango, Plum are now male. Ruby has turned out to be female. But it would have been OK if she had been a he, because of the lovely male jockey Ruby Walsh.

Once I realised Cherry was a boy, I was OK with the name. But I was lucky enough to find a lovely new home for him with a chap who is a proper bloke! He is lovely but obviously couldn't cope with a male called Cherry! Can't say I blame him. And thank you, you know who you are xxx
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 07:30 PM   #24
Wyannis
Hatchling

Dan thanks for the advice. I will feed Florence up a bit and stop worrying about her growing too fast.
Old 15-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #25
Lorna
Egg

I arranged to meet Daryn on York railway station. It was a bit like Brief Encounter! We had a nice cup of tea and I handed over Cherry. Always lovely to meet new tortoise people.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 07:37 PM   #26
Wyannis
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
Cherry / Toby is certainly a male lol, he cannot get enough of Terri my female and has had to be kept well away from her. Im sure he is a rabbit not a tortoise hahaha
Haha Toby sounds like he keeps you on your toes Daryn! Did your terri start off as a boy then, or did you just pick a unisex name?