Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 12-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #11
cove61
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by veebee
I emailed that link above to auboise, they answered me straight away with local suppliers, unfortunately its the suppliers that supply the shops, so there were none by me. I just went to a local horse supply shop, who had never heard of it!!! LOL But they searched their books and ordered me some, only took a week, but had to collect it. Cost £7.50 massive bag.

Vivienne
i emailed them they said the nearest place is in dunfermline (which may be a wee bit far to travel) but i saw another place on the web that is near my mum so she said she would go in and ask for me see if she could get it ordered, either that i will have to use something different have the sand and soil, i just thought that it would prefer different textures, but seems like there is a shortage (in online shops at least) will see how my mum goes and let you know.
cove61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #12
veebee
Sub Adult

Cove61, have you looked on Sarah shelledwarriors shop, as she sell bags of hemp , which she will post to your house, and she doesnt charge much. Might suffice until you find a supplier and to see if your torties like it.

Vivienne
veebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
wizzasmum

Please don't allow torts to eat the hemp that grows from the seeds it's highly toxic to reptiles, being a member of the cannabis family. Oh and to those who think it's OK to smoke - it's not quite the same <vbg>
Sue