Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 03-07-2006, 09:02 PM   #31
sandy
Adult

I think Claire meant that before buying a tortoise, the cost should be taken into account. As she says
vets bills, equipment is expensive. And you will/do need a reserve of money to pay for such things
as blown lights etc. Taking care of one tortoise properly and having spare cash for emergencies is
far better than trying to care for more and not have spare cash. You dont have to be rich to keep tortoises
just use common sense, and build up spare cash for the future. Anyone can do this if they try.
Getting personal doesnt help anyone.
As some one suggested getting your tortoise outside is the perfect way to go for him. Far far more
superior than any artificial lights we can provide.
Perhaps you could get something like a guinea pig cage, put holes in the bottom, fill with soil and plant
it up. These work well keeping them safe. And they can choose where to be, hidden or basking.
Young tortoises need as much natural UV as they can get.

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tortoisefriends
sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #32
Pussygalore
Adult

Thanks for the welcome although I have been a member since the beginning of the year, moved over from hermans site, I have 2 hermans from T.T last years babies doing very well I may add, I watch most nights but don,t choose to get involved very often, I,ve had some really good advice when needed, incidently darren my lovebirds still havn;t hatched so maybe there duds will give them till the weekend before we have a look they were due last friday, 30th, . Incedently I am a 49yr female the name comes from our old terrier.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:05 PM   #33
Henry-flash
Adult

Send a message via MSN to Henry-flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Thanks for the welcome although I have been a member since the beginning of the year, moved over from hermans site, I have 2 hermans from T.T last years babies doing very well I may add, I watch most nights but don,t choose to get involved very often, I,ve had some really good advice when needed, incidently darren my lovebirds still havn;t hatched so maybe there duds will give them till the weekend before we have a look they were due last friday, 30th, . Incedently I am a 49yr female the name comes from our old terrier.
I think you got the wrong thread

The North West Tortoise Group
Henry-flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #34
clairekentuk
Incubating

Yeah thats exactly what I meant, sorry if it came across wrong. Not saying poor people cant have pets, they just need to be sure where their priorities lie. At least CPX has reached a temporary solution in using grandads garden though in the long term much more time outside is ideal.
Perhaps grandad could build an enclosure with light and shelter and could look after tort until you get a garden. That way you can be sure the torts are getting the very best.
Nice pics in the picture section CPX, its the way to go, they will be different torts
clairekentuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #35
cpx_20o5
Egg

Send a message via MSN to cpx_20o5 Send a message via Yahoo to cpx_20o5

Sorry everyone for gettin a bit too umm angry or whatever, just wasnt so good day anyway im sorry.
youll all probly be glad to knwo i got a new uv lamp from the vet (which we are paying shortly) i took my tortoise out side the other day if you go into pictures section youll see a thread saying Looi out in the shining sun or something similar,

My granddad is going tobuild me an outdoor home for jerry and looi (both separate of corse)
I am really trying to give my tortoises the best home/natural habitat i really am...its just hard with everything going on (like family problems, arguments, and otehr stuff) so its hard to get round to affording for my pets, so ive asked my granddad to help me out (well my nan now) with stuff for my tortoises, so he is going to build an out door enclosure soon, and he siad in the day hell feed them and everything bath em, until i get home form school!!
sooo yea.

Sorry again!!

XxR.I.P Pewe.xX
cpx_20o5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #36
cpx_20o5
Egg

Send a message via MSN to cpx_20o5 Send a message via Yahoo to cpx_20o5

madmax id like to say a BIG BIG BGI thankyou to you for not being so harsh on me.
thankyou loads

XxR.I.P Pewe.xX
cpx_20o5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #37
Henry-flash
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpx_20o5
madmax id like to say a BIG BIG BGI thankyou to you for not being so harsh on me.
thankyou loads
Hate to say this but if you read madmax's post it is not relevant to this topic - perhaps madmax misposted it.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #38
sandy
Adult

Its about time this thread ended and a new one started. Takes forever to get to the bottom
of it<g>. By then I have forgotten what its all about<g>.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #39
Henry-flash
Adult

I agree sandy this this thread has gone way off topic

Old 04-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #40
sandy
Adult

Not a problem going off topic but a new thread needs to be started when anyone does.
Makes life a lot easier.