Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

Old 16-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #11
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

excalty.....plus the carpet is not even realistic or anyhting....it is expensive,smelly and will give ur reptiles a rash.....glad i only used it as a trial in one cage. i think soemtimes u can be over pretetive .....it's like treating young children with anti biotis to help them get better,,,in the end they have a lower immune system, i think u should stick with ur way and not the small risk's. even another vet as said so . good luck in ur decision
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2007, 01:50 AM   #12
midi-mania
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to midi-mania

isnt it natural for trts to eat soil anyway? asin on there food? when my tort eats outside she eats the plant right down to the roots
Old 17-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #13
*laura*

thanx all for your help... i think i am going to keep him on what he is used to, and i havent had any problems up until now, so im sure he will be fine!
like a few of you have said, when they are outside they are on soil and everything anyways, his food is in a bowl, so no soil will get on it, so it cant be ingested that way, so if he is dull enough to eat the soil and sand anyways, its his own fault, hehe!
Old 24-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #14
Bride2b
Sub Adult

Hi

I use either top soil mixed with play sand or hemp, if you use top soli with paly sand you need to soray it oneca a day to keep it from going hard with the heat, with the hemp it does get stuck to the torts sometimes, and in the wind down pre hivernation the torts had started to eat it.