Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Where to Buy and Bargains

Old 04-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
madsmum
Hatched

Default tort for a wii

hi all- just seen an advert on rep forum for someone wanting to swap a games system for a tort! anyone else follow my thoughts and feel thats bad- how can a games systemcompare to a tort ! made me feel quite angry- no question of if they will get a good life/care etc- simply a swap!
madsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
Jazzotang
Hatchling

A friend of mine swapped a box of mars bars for a pair of kittens once, The poor things where being kept in a rabbit hutch. So she asked the kids what they would like instead and they said sweets. I cant belive the attitudes of some people to animals. I hope know one takes him up on the offer
Jazzotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Connor
Egg

Well, I dont think it necessarily means that they wont take good care of the tortoise.
If he/she is already on a reptile forum, the chances are he/she is doing a good bit of research, so it could just be that money is a problem, which is especially common as of late, and the only thing of any value that could be traded/sold is the games console.

I can understand completely where you are coming from, but I think we shouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions and assume that the tort would be in the wrong hands, when really it's just someone who lacks a bit of money.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Alan1
Super Moderator
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsmum View Post
hi all- just seen an advert on rep forum for someone wanting to swap a games system for a tort! anyone else follow my thoughts and feel thats bad- how can a games systemcompare to a tort ! made me feel quite angry- no question of if they will get a good life/care etc- simply a swap!
I'm not sure if you mean someone is offering a Wii instead of cash for a tort or someone is offering a tort instead of cash for a Wii.
The first instance is not so bad but the second one is a bit bad IMO
Alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #5
Jazzotang
Hatchling

You are right Connor, i may have been more than a bit judgemental then, sorry. I have a real thing about teaching kids the value of animals and how we should feel honoured to have them in our lives and can go off on one a bit! I just worry that if they want to swap their wii for a tortoise, that in a few weeks time they might get bored with it and someone may spot an advert for someone wanting to swap a tortoise for a ps3!
Jazzotang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #6
madsmum
Hatched

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
i'm not sure if you mean someone is offering a wii instead of cash for a tort or someone is offering a tort instead of cash for a wii.
The first instance is not so bad but the second one is a bit bad imo
its a bit of both- one poster asking for a swap and an answer saying they had a choice of two torts they would be willing to swap! It just seemed really cold to me and i remembered seeing a post about this before so guessed the guy last time hadnt been able to find a swap- as there cant be that many ppl wanting to swap torts for games systems!
madsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
ibizathetort
Adult

Dear god I wouldn't swap Ibiza for the deeds to Nintendo!!
ibizathetort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
sydney
Egg

I spotted an ad on a reptile forum (i'm not saying which one) not so long ago, where the seller had lost interest in his tort and was asking to swap for any sort of games console.
It also said that all offers would be considered

Poor little thing
Old 13-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
alotoffluff
Adult

Location: greenwich, london, previously born and brought up in Kent!

Whatever the situation, i guess we shouldnt judge! But i know for certain, i would NEVER swap my Fluffy for all the tea in china. I guess its each to their own.
alotoffluff is offline   Reply With Quote