Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #11
Paulg1
Adult

Good luck everyone with the diets. I've tried to quit smoking and that hasn't worked out.

"Stop the world, I want to get off!"
Paulg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
Lolly8
Adult

I've lost 1,9 stones during 2008....I'm happy,others are worried about it.I did nothing to loose weigh,it just was very busy year for me.
About smoking-I'm not even trying to quit anymore.I've tried about 20 times and I'm not that strong to really do it.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
cazzykins
Hatched

I supose I better make the most of my gym membership this year, it's costing me an arm and a leg! As for the diet though, I have no will power. By the way, if anyone's thinking about using diet pills, don't use those Adios ones, they dont work at all!
cazzykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #14
swad1000
Adult

I went to slimming world a few years back, found it very good. Never been to weight watchers so don't know how they compare.

I'd never use diet pills that weren't prescribed to be honest, I've had diet pills that were prescribed by the doctor and they didn't work, so I'd have my doubts about non prescription pills.
swad1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
sydney
Egg

I'm on a 'seefood' diet.

I see food, and i eat it!
sydney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #16
janeL
Sub Adult

Hmmmm, I have loads of weight to loose. I did weight watchers before and it worked. But then I piled it all back on and I have never been able to shift it since. Over the past 4 years I have gained a bit more every year!!!!!!!!!!! Except this year when I manage to stay the same weight. So I have four years worth of lard to loose! I guess it could have been five!

I am going back to WW and I have bought the exercise bike up from the back of the tortoise room. Now i just have to use it. That and do a bit of swimming! Progress reports on here might give us some motivation too!

Hermanns THB 2:3:0
Algerian TGG 1.2.3
Ibera TGI 0.1.0[/CENTER]
janeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #17
sky
Adult

Well I have been this morning for the Grand weigh in. I started SW this time last year and lost nearly 2 st which is great for me, well since Aug I have started putting back on do to family problems, so this morning was not to bad 1 st on since Aug. Not tell how much I need to loose but a progress report might help to keep up the motivation. LOL.
1 grumpy husband
sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

I think a progress report is a brilliant idea. My friend was in competition with his brother-in-law to lose wieght and he lost 4 stone. He also started exercising and haven't looked back since. He now loves exercising and doesn't have to be as careful with his diet as he burns so much calaries per day.
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:37 PM   #19
Lyn
Adult

I don't think I am ever going to like exercising but I am going to try and do more walking.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #20
ME SHELL
Adult

Send a message via AIM to ME SHELL

Try and find something that you like, walking a bike ride, swimming. Try to have fun. If you look at it as exercising it will seem like a chore. Look at it as me time and there is an exercise for everybody out there. It doesn't have to be going to the gym. Going up the mountain, playing frisbee on a beech, even supporting your local football or rugby team will have you standing up for 90 mins, maybe even jumping and cheering them on. You only need to do 30 mins of exercise so you could do 3 mins every hour and you are still doing the minimum rquired to enhance you fitness level if you never did anything before or to maintain your fitness level. Walking up stairs instead of using lifts or escalators, every little helps.
ME SHELL is offline   Reply With Quote