Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 20-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #11
Pussygalore
Adult

I must be very fortunate in that I have a hubby who has shared everything in the past when I worked full time or shifts so is more than willing and able to take over should something happen. Luckily we don't have any children at home anymore but he has cooked meals etc when I was at work, I used to work in a shell garage doing shifts so wouldn't be there for dinner but again we have always lived where he works (tied house) so there's never been a problem. The daughter used to see to the ponies before and after school if I was at work so I suppose we've always all mucked in, but I've had freinds whos' hubby's wouldn't lift a finger and I'd have gone mad at that, when I didn't work or was at home then I always saw it as my job but if I also worked then it was shared.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #12
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
I love it that you do the placing of things back in the cage. That's typical of us ladies - making sure even the torts enclosures look right. My hubby would just pop it all in without even thinking if it looked crowded or didn't 'flow'.
Even our torts need a bit of feng shui!
I agree, their things need to be just right too, just like my furniture and bits and bobs , but It doesn't matter to the men folk they just don't get it

Feng shui , just seen it Emma . I was thinking it but couldn't spell it lol

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #13
becciwales
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussygalore View Post
I must be very fortunate in that I have a hubby who has shared everything in the past when I worked full time or shifts so is more than willing and able to take over should something happen. Luckily we don't have any children at home anymore but he has cooked meals etc when I was at work, I used to work in a shell garage doing shifts so wouldn't be there for dinner but again we have always lived where he works (tied house) so there's never been a problem. The daughter used to see to the ponies before and after school if I was at work so I suppose we've always all mucked in, but I've had freinds whos' hubby's wouldn't lift a finger and I'd have gone mad at that, when I didn't work or was at home then I always saw it as my job but if I also worked then it was shared.
I think that's fair enough. While I'm off work, I do most of the house work and cooking, when I'm in work, we share, we each have our "jobs" to do around the house.

Ha ha Suze, they don't get it

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #14
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by becciwales View Post
I think that's fair enough. While I'm off work, I do most of the house work and cooking, when I'm in work, we share, we each have our "jobs" to do around the house.

Ha ha Suze, they don't get it
Yes but that's all fine and good, but when I'm ill , He could at least say " how are you feeling now " and " can I get you a cup of tea darling "

Old 20-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #15
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediterraneansuze View Post
I agree, their things need to be just right too, just like my furniture and bits and bobs , but It doesn't matter to the men folk they just don't get it

Feng shui , just seen it Emma . I was thinking it but couldn't spell it lol
Men don't see that cushions need arranging and plumping or the ironing needs doing, but they notice the car wheels need cleaning.

My hubby will do anything as long as I tell him to do it. When I was pregnant with one of the kids (I had tough pregnancies) he did the cooking for a while as I was at risk of miscarriage and quite literally didn't want to be on my feet unless necessary. I asked him to do baby potatoes with the meal and not to forget to add the mint. Bless him, he picked the mint from the garden and then put it as garnish on the plate for me. He didn't realise I meant for him to cook it with the potatoes.

He's fab at building them but I wouldn't let him loose designing my tortoise enclosures!

Feng shui is so important for our torts isn't it Suze?! They need a little zen in their lives.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #16
Suze65
Adult

Zen is a good name for a tortoise

Old 20-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #17
becciwales
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediterraneansuze View Post
Yes but that's all fine and good, but when I'm ill , He could at least say " how are you feeling now " and " can I get you a cup of tea darling "
Yes, you do have a point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Men don't see that cushions need arranging and plumping or the ironing needs doing, but they notice the car wheels need cleaning.

My hubby will do anything as long as I tell him to do it. When I was pregnant with one of the kids (I had tough pregnancies) he did the cooking for a while as I was at risk of miscarriage and quite literally didn't want to be on my feet unless necessary. I asked him to do baby potatoes with the meal and not to forget to add the mint. Bless him, he picked the mint from the garden and then put it as garnish on the plate for me. He didn't realise I meant for him to cook it with the potatoes.

He's fab at building them but I wouldn't let him loose designing my tortoise enclosures!

Feng shui is so important for our torts isn't it Suze?! They need a little zen in their lives.
Ha ha. Ironing?? Only if I must!
David's the same, anything if asked in 6 months time.

1:2:0 Testudo Hermanni Boettgeri -
Darwin, Galileo, and Einstein.

Archimedes (THB) RIP June, 2018
becciwales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #18
ash92
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin M View Post
Yes its the same with me and my husband really, he does try but just gets caught up in his on world really (computer games)

In fact we had a bit of an argument as he was just expecting me to still do everything when I went from part to full time work!
This is something I'm currently battling with my partner to ...well have been since the day we moved in together to be honest ...i work 32 hours a week he works 40..I'm more than happy to do the majority of the chores on the day I have off that he works but when we both get home from work you can guarantee I'll be running around preparing meals, bathing torts, doing laundry etc while he sits about on his Xbox/tv...his excuse is he works harder than me as I just sit at a desk all day,

He couldn't cope without me the few times he has dinner consists of ice cream and I still feed the pets..
Old 21-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #19
Rosey-Bear
Incubating

Hope you are feeling better today.

Mummy to a group of Spur thighs.

Malcolm and his hoes.
Rosey-Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #20
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey-Bear View Post
Hope you are feeling better today.
Thank you, yes I am feeling so much better today, as Kian pointed out this morning, "oh, you're not ill today, you must have just been having a clear out".
Well, they had take away for dinner, Kian didn't eat his as he didn't like it so I made him toast later, when I made myself some.
It's not that the kids and hubby wouldn't do things if I asked them, they just don't seem to know what is done daily. Abigail was going to come home from work but I told her not to. They are all very helpful if asked. Kian takes care of his guinea pigs but struggles to clean them out alone. Hubby usually lets the chickens out if he's on the right shift if not either myself or Abigail let them out, I always put them to bed.
It's not so much the house work I worry about, we all kind of do that, it's the animals, although they were taken care of while I was in hospital but if I'm here they sort of forget that I might not be up to it, I'm here so they just don't think.
The reason Hubby doesn't cook is because he doesn't understand Kians food issues. He's never quite got to grips with the fact that we'll be eating a full roast while Kian only has chicken and 3 mini Yorkshire puddings, raw carrots/pepper/cucumber, even on Christmas day. So he just gets what he thinks will cover it. It would have been Mc Donalds if I had been in hospital.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote