Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 01-05-2016, 04:32 AM   #21
EJ
Adult

I belong to one other tortoise forum... and it's been for years. All others I've been banned from... but this is still my single favorite.

I don't intentionally stir things up except in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan View Post
Lynnie Lou I think you might be taking us a bit too seriously here. Ed really enjoyed a bit of banter when he was a regular here. He gave as good as he got. And more at times.

All us old-timers would welcome him if he decided to stir things up a bit again.
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #22
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
I belong to one other tortoise forum... and it's been for years. All others I've been banned from... but this is still my single favorite.

I don't intentionally stir things up except in one place.
I think I know which one ! I think on this forum, no one usually says it my way or the high way, we all do some things a little differently to the next person, we tell people what we do, and let them decided for themselves, and also on here I think generally speaking we are all open to listening to new ideas, that's why it works so well here. I can honestly say I have learned so much here, it's my tortoise bible. Welcome back Ed.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #23
Lynnie Lou
Incubating

I don't like the Facebook groups, I get banned from most because I tell it like it is. Tortoises roaming floors and all the other bad husbandry advice boils my piss, you tend to get a lot of strange Tortoise owners on the FB pages, here however, is the place I come when I want advice and I know it WILL be right. Someone will have the answer.
Lynnie Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:55 PM   #24
Suze65
Adult

Im not a fan of FB groups and I have left all but one, people don't seem to want to listen to good advice from experienced keepers, it can be very frustrating, so I left!

Old 01-05-2016, 06:09 PM   #25
Gordon
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie Lou View Post
I don't like the Facebook groups, I get banned from most because I tell it like it is. Tortoises roaming floors and all the other bad husbandry advice boils my piss, you tend to get a lot of strange Tortoise owners on the FB pages, here however, is the place I come when I want advice and I know it WILL be right. Someone will have the answer.
We do get a few who won't listen no matter what you say but we keep trying.
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #26
Lynnie Lou
Incubating

I can be a bit like EJ. I voice my distaste with people who really don't listen. Who think you can sit petting a Tortoise on your chest while you're watching the TV, get a dog or a cat if you want a pet like that, you know? Anyway, I left them all, or got booted. Either way, not my loss. My Tortoises are perfectly healthy and aren't allowed to roam the house.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #27
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
I can be a bit like EJ. I voice my distaste with people who really don't listen. Who think you can sit petting a Tortoise on your chest while you're watching the TV, get a dog or a cat if you want a pet like that, you know? Anyway, I left them all, or got booted. Either way, not my loss. My Tortoises are perfectly healthy and aren't allowed to roam the house.
Mine have a walk around the kitchen from time to time, and I do sit them on my lap, stroke them and talk to them

Old 01-05-2016, 11:06 PM   #28
Lynnie Lou
Incubating

I'm sure yours live in the proper set up, I mean people whose Tortoises just live in the house as a Dog or Cat would.
Old 02-05-2016, 01:42 AM   #29
EJ
Adult

Not an issue on Tortoise Keepers... you are more than welcome to express your views... no matter how wrong they are.

Quote:
and
Old 02-05-2016, 01:53 AM   #30
EJ
Adult

If we're talking about my books... they still are. The Russian tortoise is past it's 7th printing. The Leopard book... there are too many out there. The information in the Russian tortoise was gleaned manly from UK based keepers. The breeding information for the Russian Tortoise was provided by Jane Nicolle(rest her soul)... Once again... I disagree we keep tortoises any different here in the US or in the UK or anywhere else. All of us have different tasks as to what are options are.

If you read the reviews and throw out the haters... most are positive... some with good criticisms. The book were written to answer the basic questions that always pop up on the net. They were not to be all inclusive... I'm hoping to write one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Were they of any use in the first place.
and