Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 26-01-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
pagan queen
Adult

Default Reply from Cadbury.

I had the reply today. They are saying that basically it was nothing to do with them. They couldn't ID the moth and it probably got in there after the sweets left the sterile factory. They said the larvae are so small they can get into small places easily. How they think a moth larvae can get into a sealed tin I have no idea. So they are saying, in effect it's my fault. Which is rubbish as the tin had been opened 3 days earlier a few sweets taken out and the lid replaced. We don't leave chocolate laying around with the dog and birds in the house. Plus the larval stage is 50 to 90 days. Therefore the egg must have been on the chocolate before the tin was sealed, in order for it to begin pupation before I sent it back to them. Why couldn't they id the moth, it's as simple as googling it and I'm sure they have people employed to do testing and identifying that sort of thing.

The end result is they have sent me a cheque for £25 as a "good will gesture." I'm not happy with them indirectly blaming me. The money is irrelevant, they should be looking into their practices not blaming the customer.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
Easter Bunny
Adult

There response doesn't surprise me at all.. Are you going to take this further? xx
Old 26-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easter Bunny View Post
There response doesn't surprise me at all.. Are you going to take this further? xx
I've already reported it to environmental health so I'm not sure what else I can do. I think I'll contact them and tell them what I think of their results though. There is a bit saying if they can be of further assistance blah blah but they don't give any way of contacting the designated person, just a general email address at the top.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 26-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
ben_e71
Incubating

they will never admit it because to do so would open the floodgates. They know that legally there are enough grey areas between leaving their factory and the point of discovery that little sanction will arise from it. They have given you "compensation" worth between 5 and 2.5 times you paid for the goods (depending on where you bought them) so they have gone to make up for the faulty goods and some in any review of their actions.

I know that isn't what you would want to hear, but they will be considered to have compensated well for an incident that you cannot categorically prove without doubt is their issue. - not saying it isn't as you say but if you wanted to take it further you would have to prove without doubt it was down to them.

Personally, I would let it lie and not give yourself anymore hassle over it, spend the £25 on Nestle products instead :0)
ben_e71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_e71 View Post
they will never admit it because to do so would open the floodgates. They know that legally there are enough grey areas between leaving their factory and the point of discovery that little sanction will arise from it. They have given you "compensation" worth between 5 and 2.5 times you paid for the goods (depending on where you bought them) so they have gone to make up for the faulty goods and some in any review of their actions.

I know that isn't what you would want to hear, but they will be considered to have compensated well for an incident that you cannot categorically prove without doubt is their issue. - not saying it isn't as you say but if you wanted to take it further you would have to prove without doubt it was down to them.

Personally, I would let it lie and not give yourself anymore hassle over it, spend the £25 on Nestle products instead :0)
I know what you're saying is true. It would be nice if they just said we are really sorry this happened, we will try to make sure it never happens again. What happened to "it's a fair cop" eh?
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 26-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #6
Herpard
Adult

I don't like the Cadbury company full stop. Their dairy cows are severely treated (look on YouTube) they also use caged hen eggs for their creme eggs.
Herpard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
purplelynn
Sub Adult

£25 not bad though!
purplelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
wigwamman
Juvenile

looks like your original complaint went to the damage limitation department instead of the lab !!!!
wigwamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Suze65
Adult

Sounds to me like they're trying to wriggle out of it !!!!!!

A simple sorry would be nice.

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012

Last edited by Suze65; 26-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
emma_mcraf
Adult

A typical response then Wendy, and no doubt exactly what you were expecting. I think most companies will 'pass the buck' and never admit to it being their fault.
I agree that £25 isn't to be sniffed at but I'd feel annoyed too if I'd received a letter suggesting it was my fault.
I tend to stick to Thorntons for my chocolate where possible. After eating a bag (or two) and a box of Thorntons truffles (not in one sitting I hasten to add!!) and then having a couple of Roses from the tin, the Cadburys chocolate tasted so harsh. I know Thorntons is a bit more expensive but it's worth it if you don't eat chocolates all the time.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote