Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #21
cherylahutch
Adult

I've downloaded and read that it was really good I've got the hutch ready to set up tomorrow, and it came with a pen so we can use that to start with then make a nice area for him later on. I've been reading up loads and had a good chat to the breeder she said just to ask her anything I need to know and keep her number in case I get stuck. It's a bit faster than we were going to get one but taking advantage of her being in our direction. I'm going to get the hutch sorted out tomorrow have given it a good clean and spray with pet disinfectant so it can dry overnight then I can get it all ready while the kids are at school.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #22
cherylahutch
Adult

I also rang vet to suss out vaccinations and neutering as well ;0)
Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #23
shay
Egg

Sounds like you're good to go. Just need to think of a good name now.

It took me ages to name Pebbles, she was originally going to be called Smudge. But I'd decided on Barnaby's name before I'd even got him, sadly the rescue didn't know his previous name or name him!!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #24
cherylahutch
Adult

Got bunny last night, still not got a name. He's settled nicely over night and has let me pick him up for a cuddle this morning. Still not got a name yet.

Here is the little fellow

Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #25
cherylahutch
Adult

He has been on his own for a while and the breeder assured me he would be fine on his own hence me only getting one, she can let me have another if he appeared to be lonely and we are keeping in touch so she can advise me if I need help.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #26
Merlin M
Adult

Oh he is beautiful!! Naming things is SO hard!!
Merlin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #27
cherylahutch
Adult

He is so sweet very gentle and curious which I'm hopping is a good sign he will bond with me so I can handle him without stressing him. He was nearly falling asleep when I cuddled him and snuggling into me. Think I've fallen in love with him already lol
Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #28
emma_mcraf
Adult

He's a sweetheart Cheryl.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #29
cherylahutch
Adult

Do they ever stop being jumpy when held? I know it's his first day but I don't want to scare him I've been supporting his back legs when I do it and he's fine held to my chest but is jumpy when I first pick him up? Any tips?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #30
emma_mcraf
Adult

I'll be honest that we don't really handle Bubbles too much. We pick him up when we give him the once-over but the children were all encouraged not to pick him up when they were little. Instead they'd sit in his run with him and he'd come and sit with them, eating from their hands and enjoying a lovely stroke. He's incredibly tame and comes for cuddles when he hears us coming with his fresh food each day. I'm sure your rabbit will learn to trust you once he's been with you a while and won't be so jumpy.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote