Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Tortoise Health and Vets

Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
Pussygalore
Adult

I asked a question about outside heat for my young sully and the replies were from 20c to 30c in the house all the time so I assume that sully's must have a heated house regardless of the weather or at least one on a thermostat. I must admit every one I've seen in zoo's etc has aways had heat in the inside area, I did expect to have to provide that when I decided to get a sully, I have Bolders thermostat set about 24c, somewhere in the middle of the figures I was given but due to the bad weather she hasn't been outside for a week or so. Bolders bedroom never drops below 20c and I've had to have her room heater on these last few days.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
Minty913
Hatched

Poppy was the same for a wile even tho all the thermostats where saying the right heat in here house I think the air temp was to low.

I brought her inside for a couple of days till I got it sorted she soon started to eat and poo again.
I have about 5inches on insulation on the floor but might try a heat Matt or underfloor heating next winter to try and keep a better standard air temp.

How is your sully doing?
Minty913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Pussygalore
Adult

Bolder is fine thanks but she's still small enough to be in a 6x4ft table, sadly due to the weather she's not been outside very much, she doesn't seem to like or use the outside house even though it has light and heat. Bolder seems to either sit near the gate or prowl up and down and really seems to prefer being inside, we've just not had the weather for her to spend the time outside and get used to it, spoilt I'm afraid. She loves her morning bath and would sit in there for ages if I allowed her, she like the water quite warm and will stretch out, she weighed 999gr in April when I took her to the free check up by box girl but haven't weighed her since, she'll be 2 yrs around sept/oct.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote