Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions

Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #31
Watermelon
Adult

What a good idea!
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #32
Catwoman63
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by _simon_ View Post
Yep completely legal. You can buy them from DIY stores and garden centres, I know B&Q sell them but the cheapest I found were in that link I posted. They look pretty lethal but I've leant on them and didn't draw blood, just had lots of little indentations in my skin. They're designed to be very uncomfortable to walk on. I fitted them to my run because we've had one particular cat spend almost all day and night sitting on it meowing at us through the window that the run is next too. Since fitting them it's barely on the run 5 mins a day tops and when it is you can see how uncomfortable it is. I think at some point it'll just give up and stay off it altogether.

I believe you can also wrap them around trees (need to heat them up first to bend them) to stop animals climbing the trees but I've seen mention of tree collars which might be a better option for those. The RSPB actually recommend the spike strips to keep cats and the like out of the garden and away from birds. (http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/garden...eterrents.aspx) - 4th point down.

Hey thanks so much for that, i read the information on the link and its good information. Infact i will ask my neighbour if she minds me putting these plastic spike things up on the fence between mine and her garden as well as the outside fence and i do have a massive shrub like tree that i hang bird food on and the Blue Tits nesting box is to the side of that with a Japanese Maple infront of it. I'll have to wait till i get paid now as im skint, but will defo order these, thanks for sharing. X

0.3.0 - T Horsfieldii (Xena, Zelda & Lilly)
2.2.0 - TG Terrestris (Zeus, Astreus / Zagreus & Alexia)
1.2.0 - Zebra Finches (Gunner / Bonnie & May)
0.1.0 - SBT (Hazel)
1.0.0 - FBD (Ted)
Catwoman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
zenloola
Egg

Yeaaaaaa spoke to next doors land lord today and he has given me the green light to stick the plastic spikes all down our adjoining wall!!! WOOOHOOOO - heres hoping it stops turd mountain from developing further when the torts arrive! x
zenloola is offline   Reply With Quote