Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Breeding and Incubation

Old 04-11-2006, 08:52 PM   #1
yam yam
Sub Adult

Default FIREWORK NIGHT

who likes fire work night

i am standing in my kitchen making my sons birthday cake for tomorrow and they are getting louder and louder the air smells like tyres been burnt i wished they were only aloud at displays

my son is 11 tomorrow 5th nov and he hates them we cant go out at night with him and he can't cope with the noise
whats everyone elses opinion
yam yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
aprillinda

i used to enjoy a good bonfire fairground toffee apples etc

but as i am getting older it all seems to be annoying me

i think it might be because we have fireworks for weeks and weeks

personally i would like to see the tradition continued but at set places / organised events

ohh am i being a kill joy

give my best wishes to your son for his birthday xx
Old 04-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
yam yam
Sub Adult

i will do linda thank you and i thought it was only me getting older and not liking them more not that i was a lover when i was younger it was to cold outside and i watched from in the house now i hate the cold and the noise and think they are very dangerous to have private displays i agree to organised events no linda you not a kill joy and if anyone things you are i am too
Old 04-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #4
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Happy Birthday for tomorrow to Yam Yam's son.

As for fireworks, I love the professional ones which are at organised events, as for home fireworks they should all be banned.

My son nearly had a firework disaster on the New Year Millenium, we had friends round who brought fireworks and let them off in my back garden, one of them had several blasts and got tipped over on a concrete patio and the final blast went off poinint straight towards us and the kids, only for quick thinking and being alert we averted a burning of the kids.

Never ever again would I have anything to do with home fireworks.

They are banned in Ireland but doesnt stop them getting in from the North as obviously they are legal in the UK still so they fing their way down, when you report them being let off to the Guards (Police) they cant be bothered so they get away with it.

Its a scandal when firework night goes on in the day time and night time for 3 months of the year.

So I agree with you Linda, its very annoying especially when people have animals which are frightened by the load noises. Its not that we are getting old, its just the authorities have little powers or interest in this issue and also the youngsters letting them off simply do not give a fiddlers.

Ade

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Eire_Ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:25 PM   #5
yam yam
Sub Adult

thank you ade for your birthday wishes
Old 05-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #6
pmullen

)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~##
Old 05-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #7
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

Firstly happy birthday to yam yams son x

Secondly i dont mind fireworks if on set nights but just because you can really bugs me! And i totally agree they should be at events not in back gardens x

Also they are so expensive how do people justify spending that much money on them to go aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh its beyond me id rather buy another tort!

Nicky
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
yam yam
Sub Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmullen
i dont mind fireworks , as long as they are far away........wen i used to live in
saleen we would all go down the road and watch the fireworks in the town 3 miles away.
as for bon fires, i like them.........in saleen we always have one on the 24th june.
once a year is enough
pmullen can i ask why on 24th june

and thanks nicky he hasnt stoped laughing today we bought him a mp3 player with a iz its a allen thingy thats sings and dances to music he loves it its quite funny watching it
Old 06-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #9
pmullen

24th of june is bon fire night!
well thats what we call it , doesnt anyone else have it on this day?

i must admit, its not really aloud but all the villages in the parish have one, goes back centurays.
but the fire brigade come out every year, we just light it up again!!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #10
aprillinda

paul whats the history behind this date