Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
ClareandCo
Sub Adult

Which sort of cage/size are you looking for?

We have several of varying sizes if you are interested in one if it fits your dimensions.
ClareandCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #12
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan queen View Post
My husband does as he's told. I want a budgie and I'm getting one, end of story. I have told him and he made noises about it but I'm buying it and looking after it. Just looking at cages now.
As a 'no pets apart from the rabbit' man, he's acquired two guineas, four torts and six chickens in the past two years.
I'd love a budgie but the best place for its cage would be in the kitchen, as the kitchen is 24' long, but I know that's not a good place for them to be.
I will have an office/tort room in the future (i.e. when the kids move out and I can use their rooms for other purposes) and as I'd spend a lot of time in there, I'd have my budgie in there with me to chat to, but that's years away. There isn't room in the lounge and the hallway isn't wide enough, so I really can't think where to put a cage.

I have been looking for non-shedding poodle-cross/bichon-cross dogs online however, and like the maltipoo or poochon type, but can't find any breeders locally where I could go and spend an hour to see if the dander/saliva irritates me.
If I knew they didn't cause a reaction, I'd definitely work on hubby to have a little doggy in a year or so's time.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #13
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareandCo View Post
Which sort of cage/size are you looking for?

We have several of varying sizes if you are interested in one if it fits your dimensions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
As a 'no pets apart from the rabbit' man, he's acquired two guineas, four torts and six chickens in the past two years.
I'd love a budgie but the best place for its cage would be in the kitchen, as the kitchen is 24' long, but I know that's not a good place for them to be.
I will have an office/tort room in the future (i.e. when the kids move out and I can use their rooms for other purposes) and as I'd spend a lot of time in there, I'd have my budgie in there with me to chat to, but that's years away. There isn't room in the lounge and the hallway isn't wide enough, so I really can't think where to put a cage.

I have been looking for non-shedding poodle-cross/bichon-cross dogs online however, and like the maltipoo or poochon type, but can't find any breeders locally where I could go and spend an hour to see if the dander/saliva irritates me.
If I knew they didn't cause a reaction, I'd definitely work on hubby to have a little doggy in a year or so's time.
Thanks Clare but I've just ordered one of these http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/birds/...es/hagen/43683

Emma, these men are so easy to wrap around little finger aren't they?

My friend had my dogs brother and she has asthma, hayfever and all sorts of other allergies and never had a problem.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
pagan queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #14
burnt toast
Adult

Hi Wendy, sorry its so late but heres your number: 07912859445 ask for Julie
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #15
pagan queen
Adult

Thanks Lynn, I'll give her a ring tomorrow.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 06-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #16
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:

Emma, these men are so easy to wrap around little finger aren't they?

My friend had my dogs brother and she has asthma, hayfever and all sorts of other allergies and never had a problem.
Ha ha, oh yes! A little bit of persuasion and they're putty in our hands. With the chickens I ended up telling him I was buying them, I'd pay for everything and I was having them, like it or not. He agreed and was a star rearranging the garden and animal enclosures so they'd fit. He now has a work colleague who keep chooks and one of the doctors who regularly comes into his workplace keeps pekins, so I think hubby talks poultry-keeping more than I do. He even knows all their names and which is which!!

It's good to know that Teddy's brother is fine with allergy-sufferers. He's a frise mix too isn't he?

I'd like a fairly small dog though - one I could comfortably pick up and one that'll fit nicely on my lap for snuggles in front of the TV in the evenings.
Did you see an advert for Teddy locally or did you have to travel?

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine

Old 07-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #17
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
Ha ha, oh yes! A little bit of persuasion and they're putty in our hands. With the chickens I ended up telling him I was buying them, I'd pay for everything and I was having them, like it or not. He agreed and was a star rearranging the garden and animal enclosures so they'd fit. He now has a work colleague who keep chooks and one of the doctors who regularly comes into his workplace keeps pekins, so I think hubby talks poultry-keeping more than I do. He even knows all their names and which is which!!

It's good to know that Teddy's brother is fine with allergy-sufferers. He's a frise mix too isn't he?

I'd like a fairly small dog though - one I could comfortably pick up and one that'll fit nicely on my lap for snuggles in front of the TV in the evenings.
Did you see an advert for Teddy locally or did you have to travel?
Yeah Teddy is a bichon Friese crossed with a chinese crested. He was an accidental mating. His breeder was a champion breeder at crufts. We had to travel about an hour to get him. Saw an ad in the local paper.
My criteria was a small dog that I could pick up and put into the bath when he needed it, was good with children, as Kian was only a year old, and that he didn't moult. What we got was the most loving, clever adorable bundle of fun that you could wish for. I think everyone should have their own Teddy, the world would be a happier place. I'm even thinking of having him tattooed on my thigh.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #18
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Yeah Teddy is a bichon Friese crossed with a chinese crested. He was an accidental mating. His breeder was a champion breeder at crufts. We had to travel about an hour to get him. Saw an ad in the local paper.
My criteria was a small dog that I could pick up and put into the bath when he needed it, was good with children, as Kian was only a year old, and that he didn't moult. What we got was the most loving, clever adorable bundle of fun that you could wish for. I think everyone should have their own Teddy, the world would be a happier place. I'm even thinking of having him tattooed on my thigh.
He is the cutest little dog I've seen. His little face just melts your heart.
How much does he weigh and how tall is he Wendy?

Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
pagan queen
Adult

Quote:
He is the cutest little dog I've seen. His little face just melts your heart.
How much does he weigh and how tall is he Wendy?
I'm not sure how much he weighs but I just measured him and he is 13 inches floor to shoulder. He's classed as a toy dog. Bigger than a jack russell but smaller than a cocker spaniel, about the size of a westie. When we bought him he fitted in one hand, he was 10 weeks old.
0.1.0 Hahns Macaw
0.1.0 Pearly Conure
0.2.0 Guinea Pigs
0.2.0 Chickens
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
7.4.0 Budgies
1.1.0 Cockatiels
1.3 Kids
1 Husband
Old 07-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #20
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
I'm not sure how much he weighs but I just measured him and he is 13 inches floor to shoulder. He's classed as a toy dog. Bigger than a jack russell but smaller than a cocker spaniel, about the size of a westie.
He sounds perfect - I'll have him!