Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 19-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Default Pets at home rehoming

I went into my local pets at home today to get some duck food, and at the back they have started a rehoming service. Where they house animals given to them, you pay a rehoming fee and have the animal. The catch is you have to buy all teh equipment from them.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

i can't stand pets at homes. they pet all the rabbits indoors all the time. rodents hvae little or none objects in there tank and u have 10% chanve of buying a fish from there without whitespot and keeping it alive for over a day is near impossiable. there birds are in terriable conditions with missing tail feathers and fsush. but at the same time if it was not for these big pet shops then most people wud not own these animals, as they are good places to get a wide range of food from...altho very over priced.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
Lyn
Adult

The rehoming idea's good but does it mean they will not rehome to you if you already have a hutch etc..? and don't buy from them.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
niamherrity
Adult

They do this in alot of pet stores in america, the idea is great the money making sceam is not so great, but if the animals get good home I don't see a problem with it
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
jackjordandylan
Incubating

We were going to rehome a hamster from them - they were fine when we told them we already had a cage at home, didnt try and get us to buy cage from them, they just wanted a rehoming fee of about £3.00.
jackjordandylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
DAISY
Adult

A friend of mine tried to buy 2 rats from pets at home he already had a couple of large cages that he got from me and he had made them conected. They said it wouldnt be big enough for two (its massive) and needed to buy one from them. When he pointed out that his cage was 10 times bigger than the one they had them in, they tried to fob him off by saying they only in for a short time. He refused to buy, they refused to sell. The 2 rats are still sitting in the same rehoming cage 3 weeks later, I saw them there this morning.

Rach

Mum to 12 horsfields, 2 redfoots, 2 spur-thighed, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 guinea pig, 3 chipmunks, 3 african pygmy hedgehogs, 4 bearded dragons, 1 goldfish. 2 daughters and 1 husband.
DAISY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 05:48 PM   #7
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

i can beleieve that. i think taking in unwanted animals is a great idea...but only if it is done to help a animal out and not to fill the lining of your pockets. most rescue centres ask for a small donation for the cost of there up keep, they normally inspect the property they are going to aswell. pets at home are doing more of a buy second hand pets half price.
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 12:12 AM   #8
fourtorts
Incubating

I'm not sure but I think they only take back the animals they have sold, so they are in fact selling the animal twice. It's just a scam to make them look good

my doggy daycare web

http://www.littledoggydaycare.co.uk/index.php
fourtorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
Shazza4505
Hatched

Send a message via Yahoo to Shazza4505

I cant stand Pets at Home. And as for their rehoming section, lovely idea, but the cages for the rehoming bunnies are so tiny its creul . But could be worse, they could have acorn pet shop style rabbit acomodation . Blooming awful.
Shazza4505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
hobgoblin
Egg

I suppose its an easy cop out for all those people who have bought pets on the spur of the moment and when the kids have lost interest in them they can give them back with an easy concience
hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote