Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Classifieds > For Sale

Old 24-04-2015, 04:11 AM   #1
rupert
Egg

Default Home required for 10 year old horsfield -Essex

Pushkin lives in Billericay Essex. Due to family commitments, sadly we have decided to part with him. He is in perfect health and has been well looked after since he was a babe. He lives indoors when it is not warm and outside (greenhouse and outside enclosure) in good weather. He hibernates for 3 months in the winter in his own mini-fridge, also available.
If you are interested in giving him a good home please let me know. Photos, weight, size etc. are all available.
Old 25-04-2015, 04:32 AM   #2
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

Is Pushkin for sale or is he up for rehoming?

Danny
Old 26-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #3
rupert
Egg

At the end of the day, what I want for Pushkin is a caring home and I guess it would be reasonably close to Essex. I know torts go for hundreds of pounds so I will pass Pushkin to the somebody with a sensible offer. This would include the mini fridge, the thermostatically controlled temperature lighting etc.
Please email if you are interested. jdarwent@btinternet.com
I will answer all emails.
Old 26-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
alley cat
Adult

Sorry to say that adult male horsfields def dont go for hundreds of pounds, the equipment may be the most valuable part of your sale so I would check on price new then at least half it.
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #5
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

I agree with Alley Cat. The fact is that there are a lot of tortoises up for re-homing at any one time and it is difficult for the people running these services to find enough decent homes for all the tortoises that are handed to them for nothing.

I don't mean to say that Pushkin is not worth anything because of course he is. But in money terms, it's not a lot.
Old 29-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #6
rupert
Egg

This thread has gone all wrong. All I want to do is find Pushkin a good home. The money is irrelevant.
Old 29-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #7
alley cat
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert View Post
This thread has gone all wrong. All I want to do is find Pushkin a good home. The money is irrelevant.

OK maybe your post about hundreds of pounds gave the wrong impression, I would suggest that a picture of Pushkin and his setup may help your search for a new home
alley cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 12:35 AM   #8
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert View Post
No worries Rupert- we can see that what you want is the best for Pushkin. Hopefully someone suitable visiting the site will be in touch.
Old 30-04-2015, 01:50 PM   #9
rupert
Egg

Thanks Ozric, kind words.
I wanted to add photos of the beast and his enclosure, but the method seems seriously daunting. If anyone wants to see, they can email me, a few posts up the page. I can add photos.
Old 30-04-2015, 03:51 PM   #10
Ozric Jonathan
Adult

Rupert if you have a photobucket account it's easy to post photos. And if you don't have a photobucket account it's easy to open one!

Upload the photo you want to use onto P'Bucket. Have your P'Bucket and Shelled Warriors sites open at the same time but on different windows. Go onto this thread and start another Post Reply and write photo of Pushkin or whatever. Now (switch windows) go onto your P'Bucket and when you have the right photo in front on you there are links down the right hand side in a column with EMail and IM at the top and IMG at the bottom. Click on IMG to copy that link then paste it onto the post you started on shelled warriors. It just looks like a link, but hey presto once you click on Post Reply under your message (just like yuou normally do) your whole message including the text and the image appears.

Once you have done this a couple of times it's easy peasy.