Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Default Please think about what you are writting

Please can you think about what you are writting, as people may take offence to what you are saying. Please use the smilies they will help people understand if are having a joke etc. 8)

Also there has been so quite nasty messages written on the forum, some have been needed but please children use this forum and its not nice to read.

If you have a problem with any of the threads or any member please contact an admin or mod. DO NOT SEND NASTY PM'S.

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
Glitter

In addtion to Sarah's words....

I would like to gently remind everyone that this forum is here to help tortoise owners give the best care and attention for their torts.

We are all very passionate about these animals and sometimes we post before we think.....but I am sure that no-one ever means anything that is said with nasty or bad intentions.

To any new members of the forum, or those who are reading this message as a guest, please do not let these occasional posts put you off from joining and posting on our forum.

We are all big family here at Shelled Warriors and all families occasionally have crossed words. Debate is healthy
Old 10-04-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
2me2u
Incubating

from the last time i was on here (zombiegirl) i have made sure i dont say anything nasty. I just scream at the computer and cool down
Old 10-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #4
tortoise_dude

I myself have been guilty of needing to use more smileys!

8) I've just made up for it though!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:27 AM   #5
aprillinda

just thought i would add

sw is the best place arround please lets keep it the best

its only the best because of the members who are the best

any troubles please pm a mod or admin we are here to help xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 11-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #6
converted

I think sometimes our passion for these little wonders clouds our judgement - I know I have been guilty 'sorry guvnor'.

I will certainly be taking recent things into account when posting in future!

Steve
Old 11-04-2007, 07:03 AM   #7
KearasNana
Sub Adult

I must hold my hands up also! I usuallt stay out of the difficult posts, but I let my emotions get the better of me during recent events and put my two pence in!
Sorry guys
Old 11-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
niamherrity
Adult

I don't think i have said anything nasty well I try not to put I do give my opinion, on the forum you should hear what I say off the forum. And after recent events i have said lots

Sorry
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #9
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

I just think people need to think as children are using this forum and adults should know better there are ways to get your point across without it being nasty.

We should be setting an example im not saying we should be scared to give constructive critisism but when its just a nasty rant i think something should be done especially when it is aimed at a minor.

There are lots of things that we as agroup will not agree on and lots that we do but i cant see how recent comments on recent events helped at all i know its frustrating and i know it angers us and im no angel but certain behavior of late reminds me of linch mobs you see in the papers and to a new comer that must be an awfull first impresion!

To all the younger members out there reading this behaving in this way just shows us the level of maturity you have reached and sadly it seems its not that high in some cases. Learn by this and grow as a person being a responsible keeper does not end at how you care for your pets it extends to how helpfull you can be to a fellow keeper who needs to be shown the right direction!

I hope i have not caused any offence to anyone as this is not and has never been my intention but this is my opinion do with it what you will.

Nicky
Old 11-04-2007, 12:27 PM   #10
niamherrity
Adult

Nicky dervla is my daughter and one of the active younger members she has her own opinion about yesterday but she choose to stay out of it.

Like me she was very upset and we had a long talk about the right care of animals and what happens when they don't get it She has learned so much from SW in every way and all the members have been patient and caring for which I am truly grateful.
niamherrity is offline   Reply With Quote