Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Shelled Warriors Shop, Classifieds and Rehoming > Rehoming

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
kayleigh270888
Egg

Smile Small male Horsefields/ Russians.

Hello all,

I was recently given 2 torts from a lady who no longer had time for them, I am now trying to find new homes for them.
They are both small boys, nearly 5 and 6 years old, about the size of my palm.
They must however be kept separately. It's quite sad really as the smaller male has been bitten and bullied to within an inch of it's skin, and clearly the previous owner had never noticed- consequently he is painfully shy and scared of anything that moves. I think they've spent most of their lives in a tank together with little human contact or much time outside. They are both healthy though.
I am happy to keep the smaller male for a bit longer so he can adjust to life on his own/ build some confidence/ get some attention. But I must re-home the larger one ASAP. The big one is very friendly with people but seems extremely aggressive to other torts.

Can anyone help? I live in Essex.
Thanks
Kayleigh
Old 03-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
burnt toast
Adult

I cant help sorry, I live miles away & dont keep horsefields just wanted to say well done for caring for them & I hope you find lovely homes soon.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
kat4788
Incubating

If I lived closer I'd offer my services. But it's nice to see you are taking them in and looking after them so well. Good luck
Old 03-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
chloe22
Egg

hi,
iam new to this site whee abouts are you from ? thanks x
Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
kayleigh270888
Egg

Thanks guys,

Is there anyone else who can help or recommend anyone/ websites to put adverts on?

I've tried advertising them for free before but I'm getting some very weird and unsuitable people replying who are just after a freebie.

Help please?

Kayleigh
Old 03-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
kat4788
Incubating

maybe someone on here could take them, just give it a little time.
Or you could use Preloved/Pets4Homes if you wanted to broaden your search.

The most common problem is distance. And as you said having responses from people just wanting a freebie, not looking to give a tort a good home.

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #7
joekent
Hatchling

Send a message via MSN to joekent

Wendy runs a group called 'Just me and my tortoise' in Kent and runs a very good rehoming service. She is on the forum or you can contact her through http://www.justmeandmytortoise.webs.com/

She will help you find a home!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
burnt toast
Adult

Or you could try RFUK but put it in the "shelled section" not the classifieds. There has been talk of people "rehoming" from the classifieds just to sell on at a profit. If you place it in the shelled section your more likely to get a genuine researcher/keeper.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
Curious1
Egg

Hello. I have recently upgraded my tortoises set up and so have a spare tortoise table and accessories and spare secure outdoor enclosure and kennel. As a result I have plenty of room to rehome a tortoise and would be happy to rehome one of yours should you be unable to find suitable homing elsewhere. Perhaps if I was to rehome one it would be best I rehome the one that isunsociable with other tortoises as I have a Hermanns so wouldnt be looking to bond it with another tortoise in the future.

I would care for them correctly and feed them on a weed based diet with supplements.

I have the set up ready to go - only thing I would need to purchase would be an extra combined heat/UV bulb which I can get hold of at short notice.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #10
kayleigh270888
Egg

Smile

'curious 1'
Where abouts are you based? Could you private message me? I'm not sure how you do it
Kayleigh
Closed Thread