Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Non Med Species - Information & Questions

Old 31-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
rocio
Hatchling

Default Not eating grass any more.

My two young Leopards have decided they no longer wish for grass to be a part of their diet. I have a nice selection of 2 or 3 different grasses available at the moment and offer them a plateful after their soak each morning which they usually tuck into with relish but not any more. Since about a week ago they have a good sniff and poke about at their plateful and then surge through it looking for something else. If I then offer them a plateful of weeds,leaves and flowers they tuck in til it´s all gone. I´ve tried offering the grass only but they hold out as long as I do and won´t eat it! Today was the same so I chopped up a load of hay and mixed that in with their weeds etc and pretty soon it was all gone and they´ve just had seconds of that. Should I offer them grass and nothing else until they start eating it again or what???

Rocio
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
egyptiandan64
Super Moderator
Adult

If you feed one thing to often tortoises tend to go off it for a while. Just stick to the weeds and try the grass twice a week. They will probably go back to it in a month or so.

Danny
Old 31-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
rocio
Hatchling

OK Dan,thanks for your reply. I´ll give that a go. There´s loads of different weeds and flowers etc. here at the moment. Familiarity breeds contempt I guess!

Rocio
rocio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Dazza
Adult

Its hard work feeding a truely varied diet, but well worth the effort

Good Luck

darren
Dazza is offline   Reply With Quote