Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 11-11-2007, 10:57 PM   #21
bernards mom
Sub Adult

i didnt even no i had the house gecko. i bought a setup with the anoles and tree frog all ready set out etc. i think i had the tank maybe nearly a year when i saw a tail that was def not an anole tail. tried to find what it was but it disapeared, saw it the next day and called the pet shop. he sed at some point the previous owner had fat tailed? geckos in it but whenhe got the tank it was on its side and just contained bark on the sides and sand souil mix on the bottom. didnt see the tail for months and forgot all ab it. then one day it was back. took me ab twenty mins to nearly dismantle the whole thing but i found this gecko and took it to the petshop. he didnt no wot it was and we both looked it up on the computor and books and discovered it was a house gecko! he got in contact with the previous owner who apparently has never even had a house gecko. so there we go
Old 11-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #22
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

Send a message via MSN to wildlifewarrior

lol cool wud love to see pictures.....just so u know a hosue gecko is given to any mediterrainium gecko that lives in populated areas.......wud love a look at it
wildlifewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #23
bernards mom
Sub Adult

will try and geta pic tomorow. do i put it on here or pm it? can u send photos in a pm?
at 1 point i kept gettin eggs off the anoles and eventually they hatched, the petshop admited they had never known of anoles laying eggs but assured me the adults would be ok with the babies. anyway to cut an even longer story shot over a very short space of time all the babies disapeared, i thought mayb the gecko had ate them so put it in another tank. (more expence) that must have been over a year ago and i have only ever seen the tip of its tail since. although i do admit to havin a good look around a couple of times to check it was alive and ok.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:50 PM   #24
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

if it is a hosue gecko then it wud not have ate a baby anole.....anoles can be cananbalistic so it wud ahve most likly ate them. yea u can pm pics. u did right taking them out....never mix different lizards together. the reason they said about the anole egg thing is becasue they are soo hard to breed in captivity that all sold in shops are wild cuaght.
Old 14-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #25
bernards mom
Sub Adult

thats wot the bloke in the shop sed that they were real hard to breed but like i told him i had nothin to do with it they just got on with it and once they laid 1 they kept goin. only prob was that even tho i didnt change anything they all died vey close together not long after for still unknown reasons!
Old 14-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #26
wildlifewarrior
Banned
Adult

thats why it is so hard to get CB babies.....all in the pet tade are adults....in the wild babies get a very quick built up immune system from eatting crickets that ahve been eating poo and such and so the babie slizards get a very quick bacteria full of good stuff. in captivty you conditions ur keeping them in are very good and clean but too clean for these babies and simple things can kill them off. if u have anymore babies try giving them a bowl of rain water and feed them small insects from ur garden (can't have any pesticides)......this is what i do if i ahve ever been given any wild caught animal as u need to rear them off from eating bugs that have being eating food in the wild and thosse such as crickets that are fed on carrot. i have had to do this a few times and it helps give them a head start.
Old 14-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #27
bernards mom
Sub Adult

what kind of wild insects could i give to an anole?
Old 14-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #28
EJ
Adult

Check to see if your petshop sells pinhead crickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernards mom
what kind of wild insects could i give to an anole?
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 07:58 PM   #29
bernards mom
Sub Adult

if they are tiny new hatched crickets we had them for the baby anoles and they are awfull they got out all the vents any gaps in the glass doors and were all over the dinnin room i haad to tape up most of the gaps and just keep hoovering constantly they were a nightmare
Old 14-11-2007, 08:00 PM   #30
EJ
Adult

Yup... that's them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernards mom
if they are tiny new hatched crickets we had them for the baby anoles and they are awfull they got out all the vents any gaps in the glass doors and were all over the dinnin room i haad to tape up most of the gaps and just keep hoovering constantly they were a nightmare
and
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/284442591651347/
Trying to keep the fun in Chelonian care
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote