Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2020, 06:07 AM   #11
Gordon
Adult

Well had operation number seven yesterday afternoon as they had several real emergencies on Monday which was a bit frustrating but I always believe though I'm in a lot of pain and discomfort there is always someone who is worce and I can wait my turn.

They have drained and removed two more abscesses which for some bizarre reason started on Sunday again.
I was in the recovery room before coming back to the ward and one of the ladies was amazing and listened to everything that had gone on to the point of getting my dose of morphine doubled as I told her it never works so to which she asked how much I normally had and she said that's a dose for a normal sized person which I'm still not yet.
She also is going to get the hospital dietitian to come and see me which I think will help as eating salad all the time isn't apparently good for weight loss hence I lost a lot to start with but it's now come to an almost stop. And she understood with what's going on exercise is limited.

It's now 6am and I cant describe the awful taste in my mouth it's not one I have had before which is either from the large amount of fentanyl I had in the recovery room or something else they have given me.

The lady also said I had some really bad contagious infection which I cant remember what it was so will ask when doctors come by later which is odd as he did say last time the had to have the theatre deep cleaned after my operation so I'm intrigued.

Mary you can try calling me but the signal is always good. Xxxx
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote