Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > Other Animals

Old 21-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
Kate
Incubating

She's lovely!!

I do wish I had the money to ride - it's ever so depressing when you can't!!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #12
ChristyJade
Hatched

Send a message via MSN to ChristyJade

awww I love horses! She is beautiful! I used to have my own Can't wait to get one of my own again...obv when I marry someone rich...or win the lottery!

Big Boy Now!

My sewing blog: http://sewwwhat.wordpress.com/
ChristyJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #13
Cheffi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skewbald
Hiya,

Thanks for all the lovely comments.

I'm a big fan of romany types too, my grandfather used to keep them for driving. They're big money nowadays as they're the 'in' type of horse!! Lottie's a New Forest x Warmblood so no romany in there!! lol. We're in Poole, Dorset.

So come on, whats your cunning plan then Cheffi? I'm a stay at home mum at the moment but I'm doing a horse instinct and behaviour course and also working towards my Parelli NH level 1 (want to go as far as poss with it). I'm hoping to either work with horses or at least try and help people understand them better.

Thanks again for the lovely comments, she's a true one in a million, absolutely fantastic temperament - turns her hoof to anything! lol.

Verity x
Well, atm we have nowhere to keep a horse but we are hoping to move and I want to do liveries. That way I get to look after them without necessarily having to ride. My plan is a livery yard combined with a luxury cattery (my other love). I used to be a Pony Club instructor as well and used to love teaching the littlies. I admire the direction you are taking with your course. I must do some research as I've never heard of it before now. Good luck with it!!
Old 22-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #14
skewbald
Hatched

Cheffi,

WOW! A pony club instructor! I bet that was great fun!

Livery sounds like a plan to me!! Well, if you move to Dorset and want to take on liveries any time soon, please let me know! lol. I'm trying to move my mare closer to home and its a bit of struggle to say the least! lol. Seriously though, if you have enough space for liveries, I bet you get your own horse! You don't have to ride to keep horses. I haven't ridden mine in 2 years! (I've had 2 babies in 2 years so no time!) and she's fine pootling about the paddock. I like just hanging around, being with them.

Love the angle of the luxury cattery too as I'm along the same lines. Got three cats and would have more if space permitted!!

I'm doing my course through 'horses and courses'. Not sure if I'm allowed to shamelessly post the link? http://www.horsesandcourses.co.uk/ its a home study college which suits me very well.
I'm just doing the horse owners one (which is complicated than it sounds) and if that goes ok, wouldn't mind doing the btec.

I think I've gone on for long enough... get the idea I might like horses? lol.

Verity
p.s. Go to www.parelli.com - they're AMAZING!
skewbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #15
clair
Incubating

Lottie looks lovely Skewbald.What do you do with her?
I have horses too and work with them.
Not so nice at this time of year but you can't beat it in the summer
clair is offline   Reply With Quote