Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Housing

View Poll Results: Which is better? T rex combined lamps or uv and spot lamp seperate?
T rex 6 50.00%
uv and spot lamp seperate 6 50.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #11
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

I was getting 30 degrees under spot without reflector at a height ot 10" above substrate, then i lifted it to 12" and it was still switching itself on and off. The temp at the cool end of the table was around 20 degrees so it wasnt a case that the house was too hot either causing it to overheat.

I personally think mine is faulty, and dont expect it to last the 2 years it is supposed to.

Ade

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Eire_Ade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #12
aprillinda

ade

have you emailed the manufacturer rather than the supplier

plus i think you are within your consumer rights to get an exchange because the trex isnt doing what it is supposed to be doing
Old 06-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #13
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

No Linda, I didnt contact the manufaturer, but might be worth a go, very disapointed with the lamp that it keeps turning off.

I have emailed Les Picken from Faunology so many times regarding this I think he must feel as if he is on a private forum

It might be worth an email to the manufacturers like you say. Vee had a bad one too. She had a fight to get hers replaced I think.

Thanks Kelly for that info I will try it see if that work too. Anything is worth a go at this stage. 8) 8)

Ade

My Tortoises :- Dug (Testudo Graeca Ibera Terrestris (Syrian), Penny, JJ (JennyJack), Buttons and Gem (Testudo Graeca Ibera)
Old 07-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #14
Jo1983
Egg

Well so far so good today, my lamp hasn't gone off yet. My temperatyres are th same as Ades and i dont have a reflector. If it starts playing up again i shall try to loosten it a little and see if that helps. Hows yours today Ade??

Jo x :P
Jo1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:10 PM   #15
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Hi Jo, have been stuck in the bed since my last post Monday night, havent been well, so i haven't seen what my T-rex has been doing, its still working though this morning when I was down bathing the tortoises, and giving a little clean out.

I will hopefully be able to report back if its still not working properly as I observe it. I am glad yours is working ok now Jo, I thought it was the reflector at first with mine, but when it was doing it again with out the reflector and had no joy with the suppliers of it I have tended to ignore it as best I can otherwise I would end up cracking up with it coming on and off.

Ade

Old 09-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #16
yam yam
Sub Adult

ah poor ad hope you feeling better
yam yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #17
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Feeling better thanks Yam Yam, but my bulb has still been playing up even loosened it off like Kelly said.

Stupid Stupid light. Wish it would just blow and get it over and done with. Cant abide hangers on!!!!!!

Ade

Old 09-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #18
Fallen Angel
Sub Adult

You tell it Ade if you shout loud enough at it it might get so scared it blows lol Nicky
Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #19
Eire_Ade
Super Moderator
Adult

Yes Stupid Stupid Stupid light indeed.

Ade

Old 13-11-2006, 10:14 PM   #20
Jo1983
Egg

Oh dear ade i'm so sorry you've not been well and i'm starting to get just as annoyed with my lamp!! The bloody thing has a mind of it's own!!!!!!!! Some days i get a couple of tantrums from it and other days i get constant on off on off on off on off on off on off on off on off, I tend to be a calm person but have turned into a monster watching this lamp!!!!

Hope your alright Ade xxx
Jo1983 is offline   Reply With Quote