Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 21-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #21
sheridan
Egg

Send a message via MSN to sheridan

i live in london and got caught speeding!
i got 3 points and £60 fine
2 snakes
2 camelions
1 bearded dragon
sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #22
*laura*

lol, im soooooo glad im not the only one thought evereyone was going to shout at me for speeding, lol!! going to send the forms back tomorrow, so will let you all know what my penalties are hehe
Old 21-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #23
wizzasmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceleetortoise
i only had my license a month and got caught going through a red light - wasnt my fault though!!!, was overtaking a bus and he pulled out and almost hit me so i had to swerve to the right to avoid being crushed by a bus, then cos i swerved i could have had a collision with oncoming traffic, so i sped up to get in front of the bus, and right as i got to the front of the bus the lights changed to red and i didnt have time or space to stop, got my picture taken, anyway i got one of them letters, and long story short i got 60 fine and 3 points!!

Quote:
if you pay the amount quickly once asked

there is a slight reduction in price
no thats only with parking tickets, ive had one of them too, but thats another story!!!
You can avoid the extrq points on your license by aggreeeing to go on a course showing lots of blood and guts as a result of speeding but it costs for the course.
I look at it this way - if I get my license taken off me I can't go to work can I LOL I see early retirement
Old 21-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #24
wizzasmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzywend
My dad got caught by a road camera last year.
He got offered the chance to go on a one day "speed awareness" course - if he did it it either reduced his points or his fine.
I can check for you if you want!

Wendy
I had that happen, Wendy. I got caught for going 32 mph in a 30mph zone and was offered the 'speed awareness' course. You only get offered it if you are less than about five miles over the speed limit, and you have to pay the fine but you don't get any points on your licence. When I did the course the first thing the Instructor said was, 'Look around you - does this group look different from what you expected?' We were all in our 30s or middle aged, and we said, 'Yes, there are no boy racers.' He said, 'Right - no boy racers. That's because they tend to go way over the speed limit and therefore they don't get offered the option of the course. It wasn't a bad course, and at least I didn't get the points on my licence.
Oops missed this Nina LOL
Old 21-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #25
shelley
Hatchling

Dare I tell you my husband used to run the speed camera office here until a couple of months ago!! Now he works for the high tech crime squad instead!

All I will say o those of you who have had speeding tickets is that the roads are all set at the speeds they are for a reason, things that may not be obvious to the people driving along them. And if you keep to the speed limit them you won't a ticket!

Now I will tell you that back in 1985 my hubby was banned from driving for a week, and got points on his licence for doing 125mph on the motorway one Sunday afternoon..... He had not long come back from Germany so was not used to driving slowly. The police couldn't catch up with him, so they had to call the Gloucershire police and ask them to send out a Jag to intercept him! He never broke the speed limits again, as he could stand the thought of not being able to drive his beloved car.

Mum to three Newfoundlands, two Cocker Spaniels, one German Shepherd, 9 Chinchillas, and 4 Hermann's and 2 Leopards... Tortoises that is!

http://pic2.piczo.com/GalaxybearsNewfoundlands
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 07:43 PM   #26
dizzywend
Sub Adult

Send a message via MSN to dizzywend

Course you dare tell us......

i think a lot of us have lot loved ones/friends/neighbours in road accidents!
But it doesnt stop us speeding when we are late for work/appointments/picking up kids etc

I walk to work now instead, its much more enjoyable (I start work at 7.30am) and i can pick lots of weeds etc on the way.
i know this isnt suitable for everyone but its a perfect start to the day!
dizzywend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #27
KearasNana
Sub Adult

This is probably a really dumb question, but do you have a probabtionary period to get through now once you have passed your driving test? Sorry its just I saw a few of you talking about it?
Old 21-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #28
shelley
Hatchling

Not that I know of.... But don't take my word for it as I don't drive!!!! My daughter is learning to drive at the mo.... God help everyone when she passes

Mum to three Newfoundlands, two Cocker Spaniels, one German Shepherd, 9 Chinchillas, and 4 Hermann's and 2 Leopards... Tortoises that is!

http://pic2.piczo.com/GalaxybearsNewfoundlands
shelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2007, 10:45 PM   #29
*laura*

im not sure either, but ive been driving nearly 6 years, would be interesting to know?!?
Old 22-06-2007, 07:51 AM   #30
Pussygalore
Adult

perhaps the probationary period means that you are only allowed either less or no points before your liscense is taken away, guessing though, very good idea if I,m right.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote