Shelled Warriors Forums

Go Back   Shelled Warriors Forums > Tortoise Information > Shelled Warriors Tortoise Archive

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:24 AM   #21
nina
Adult

Great poster, Josh! I think it gets the message across really well, and I like the fact that you've used the Tesco colours and typeface.

Nina
P.S. One small thing - 'boycott' needs a second 't'.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #22
tortoise_dude

Done the extra "t" I have also made the other writing stand out abit.
I was going to have a pack of tesco finest bacon with turtles edited into it- with the quote in facy writing as if it was like a promotion, but it never looked right, so i made the wallet thing.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #23
nina
Adult

Well, Josh, yours is my favourite so far -- I think it looks very professional. A couple of other tweaks I would suggest:

1. You either need a 'y' in 'they' (in the phrase 'approach they take to it'), or you could make it shorter and punchier by just shortening that line to 'This is their slap-dash approach'.
2. The quote. You have to be so careful with these things because they have legal implications. I checked the TT website, and that quote isn't from Tesco, it's from an article in a magazine and is a quote from someone working in the food trade. So I think you need to attribute the quote in the same way they did on the TT website ( Culture vs. Cruelty by Karla Solheim, Mother Jones Magazine, San Francisco. March 2000). You only need to put it in the smallest typeface possible, either underneath the quote, or with an asterisk at the end of the quote and another asterisk at the bottom of the poster with the reference. If you don't put any reference to the source of the quotation, Tesco could take legal action by saying that the implication of the poster was that this is a quote from them.
3. I think Tesco in the final line needs a capital T (but you might have meant this to be lower case for effect).

None of the above is meant as a criticism and, as I said, I think yours is the best so far - it captures your attention and the image is powerful. It's just that I used to work in publishing and proof-reading is sort of in my blood, so I can't help but notice typos, etc. everywhere (it's a bit of a curse <g>).

Nina
Old 08-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #24
Becks
Adult

hi like ur poster alot tort dude..
this may be just me but havent tesco got like a copyright on there brand and logo and could u get into trouble for useing it?
i think its brill but wouldnt want any 1 to get into trouble.. i may be wrong but with any logo or store that is a big company like them there is 1 they have u by the sort and curlys
luv becks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

horsfields ,redfoots ,southern and northan morrocans,
map turtle .

http://www.redfoottortoiseplace.piczo.com
Old 08-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #25
tortoise_dude

I have updated it a a little bit, thanks for helping me nina, don't worry, i didn't take it as critism, i took it as constructive critism, because i wouldn't have noticed without you pointing it out, also, i have put "tesco logo copyright to tesco.com" like the people have on the google stie i got it from, so i should be covered
When do we go to the vote?

Old 08-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #26
nina
Adult

Lookin good, Josh! Well done.

Nina
Old 12-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #27
tortoise_dude

Come on people, get your entries in!!

Old 12-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #28
sarah
Administrator
Adult

Yes well said im no good at making poster but shall we put a limit on this then we will go to vote? what day shall we end it?

STRUGGLING TO FIND WEEDS? LOOK AT OUR DRIED WEEDS 'READY TO FEED'

Home of 'Grow Your Own Food' Bearded Dragon, Tortoise, Rabbit, Hamster seed mixes from 89p FREE POST
Livefood, Thermostats, Housing, Heating, Mercury Vapour bulbs, UVB etc etc CHEAP PRICES
TORTOISES ARE MY PASSION
Old 12-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #29
aprillinda

perhaps anybody who is still working on a poster could inform you sarah

then you could give them time to finish or has everybody who wanted to enter the comp done so already

linda

Old 12-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #30
Pitcorthie
Hatched

Great poster Josh! I am hopeless at anything like that.I know if I saw your poster it would catch my eye and I would read it so well done Josh

Sharon
Closed Thread